By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SD CoD:WaW Might be More Profitable than HD Version.

ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:
I don't care really, all I know is, it got destroyed sales wise. Keep trying to find excuses though, they just keep getting better.

Fear.

It tastes so lovely.

I fear what ? 

What does COD Waw being profitable has do with me or anyone here? This is a sales site and frankly, 800k for one of the biggest game released last year is laughable on a console with 46 million users. Thus fanboys come up with excuses to praise it over  the better selling versions. 

wait until it sells a million at least.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
outlawauron said:
scottie said:
outlawauron - you're missing the point of the comparison. The point of the OP was to show that when presented with the two options of
Make a PS360PC game or
Make a PS360PCWii game

Activision will get a considerably higher return with only a slightly higher initial investment if they choose the 2nd option, and therefore for this comparison the costs of dialogue etc can be placed on the versions that were certain to be made

Of course it's worth it to make a Wii version. However, the SD versions were not more profitable (and will likely never be) than the HD versions which is what the topic title is.

Um, dollar for dollar it is more profitable. I know more about finance than you do, I am sure of it, dont treat me as some desparate fanboy trying to rationalize my fanboy wet dreams, I said I was not trying to say the Wii version was more imporant. IRR is a widely used measure of what projects are worthwhile and which aren't. However, CFOs also use Net Present Value, which is a much more complex formula. A combination of NPV and IRR is what would be best used. NPV is a bit better than IRR because it accounts much better for total profit being it is not just a %. IRR is quick and easy, that is why many still use it.

All that to say, if anyone says it is not worth the extra 10-25% dev cost of making a Wii version is dead wrong. Because the Wii actually makes a higher IRR on that additional funding than the HD consoles do on the "main" game. Yes this is technicalities, like, if there was no HD version to port from a stand alone Wii game would cost much more. So I would be the IRR on JUST an HD version would still be higher than the IRR, if it was just a Wii exclusive. I did not realize that people wanted to deny COD:WaW any credit. jeez. Does it really scare you that bad that a game is doing well on the Wii?

To those calling me desperate or whatever, you don't get it. Go get a degree or 2 in finance and then come back and you might actually have a clue.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:
I don't care really, all I know is, it got destroyed sales wise. Keep trying to find excuses though, they just keep getting better.

Fear.

It tastes so lovely.

I fear what ? 

What does COD Waw being profitable has do with me or anyone here? This is a sales site and frankly, 800k for one of the biggest game released last year is laughable on a console with 46 million users. Thus fanboys come up with excuses to praise it over  the better selling versions. 

Your tears...they are so bitter yet, surprisingly satisfying as you scramble for damage control.

Moar. I want to see moar bitter tears.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

disolitude said:
Yes it may be more profitable on the Wii.

That settles it...SD ports of all future COD games should be made for the wii.

actually, although I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not, that was my point. The Wii should at worst recieve a quality port of all COD, and maybe even most HD games (cough, RE5, cough)

no matter what, i still doubt the next call of duty will be made for wii. call of duty 4 is a serious game, for pro fps players- i honestly couldnt imagine it on wii

Around the Network
psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:

Fear.

It tastes so lovely.

I fear what ? 

should have figured the guy with the barrack obama avatar would have little to no undertranding of financial "situations"

lol, I kid about the BO thing, but really its not that hard to grasp. Ever heard the term "X" is pound for pound the best fighter in the world? No one is saying he is better than the heavyweight champ, they are just trying to say he is good. I am saying dollar for dollar SD cod is more profitable than HD. Do you need a more simply illustration?

ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:

Fear.

It tastes so lovely.

I fear what ? 

Your tears...they are so bitter yet, surprisingly satisfying as you scramble for damage control.

I have tear of laughter reading the OP trying to compare 800k sales to 7 million. Nice try though, the sad thing about these games on the wii is worst games are selling so much more than the actual good games that deserve it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:

Fear.

It tastes so lovely.

I fear what ? 

I have tear of laughter reading the OP trying to compare 800k sales to 7 million. Nice try though, the sad thing about these games on the wii is worst games are selling so much more than the actual good games that deserve it.

actually it was more 1.3 million, why cant the wii get the PS2 version added in if the 360 gets the PS3 version?

Anyways again, you are just making it more obvious you have zero understanding of finance. So you really need to STFU.

bigjon said:
psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:

Fear.

It tastes so lovely.

I fear what ? 

actually it was more 1.3 million, why cant the wii get the PS2 version added in if the 360 gets the PS3 version?

Anyways again, you are just making it more obvious you have zero understanding of finance. So you really need to STFU.

relax buddy, you are the one with the understanding of finance, you are the George W. of this site. I'm just like Obama trying to understnd your fuzzy math. 

Next Gen 

psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
psrock said:

Fear.

It tastes so lovely.

I fear what ? 

He was talking about profitability, not comparing sales. But I can understand how you misread that while typing furiously on your keyboard through a stream of bitter tears. It goes along with the half-assed trolling reserved for Wii Bingo.

It's alright. We can't all be at our best during the stages of grief.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"