By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question on first playthrough difficulty

Do you play a game on your first playthrough on the hardest difficulty or easiest difficulty or default?

I managed to play my games on the easiest setting just so I can get the feel for the game on the first playthrough//then I will replay the game again for some beef-up difficulty like hard mode in such. I just played Halo Wars the demo on easiest difficulty considering it was however my first RTS I ever played (by the way I enjoyed it).

Again what do you prefer?

Around the Network

i like 2 go 4 the second to the hardest so when i beat it i can play on the hardest difficulty

Unless a game forces me to play on the hardest difficulty for achievement I tend to play it on easy for the first play thru then move up from there if I like the game---b/c even crappy games on easy can be fun and if a game if fun the difficulty should not effect that to much

Other wise you risk getting stuck with a turd, and nothing is worse then getting stuck with the hard turd

@mesoteto

haha//speaking of which I have to visit the toilet right now//hahaha

I always try to play the normal, the one between hard and normal. The one in between.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

I never start a game on the hardest difficulty. After I beat a game once, I will play it on harder difficulty settings the next time. That way, I can get a good feel for the game, and beat it faster on that first play-through.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I used to always play on the hardest or 2nd hardest difficult (depending on what I'd heard about how hard the game gets), but now I don't have time to spend all that extra time trying to finish a game, I usually just play it on normal.

I don't really play games that let you choose the difficulty.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I just do normal.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hardest available im older now so i can do it

it is also more realistic for me to

Play Me