By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 5 Gamecube games that need a Wii sequel

# 5 - F-Zero GX

The Gamecube version of Nintendo's high speed futuristic racer provided some of the most intense racing action ever experienced. With a huge roster, tons of unlockables and merciless difficulty the game became a must own for Nintendo's purple console. Now for the Wii version, the only thing Nintendo needs to add... online. Maybe a New Play Control version could add this needed feature to a series that begs it.

# 4 - Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

If theirs one genre the Wii is starved for its good flight combat games. Also good Star Wars games seem to be a bit on the short side. So why not kill two birds with one stone? A Factor 5 developped Rogue Squadron game would instantly rocket to the top of many Wii owner's wishlists. add that with Factor 5's ability to push a console to its limits and we could very well see Wii's true graphical capabilities.

# 3 - Star Fox: Assault

So much wasted potential. What could have easily been one of the Gamecube's defining games, became a mediocre title that, for many remains the weakest of the 5 game series. A New Play Control version would be nice to wet our appetites for Star Fox's true return to full form. Do a barrel roll!

# 2 - Luigi's Mansion

The little game that almost could. Luigi's Mansion was a Gamecueb launch title that attempted to fill the void while Nintendo's main man was gearing for his debut. Luigi's Mansion proved to be an enjoyable adventure game that fell off quickly as new Gamecube titles took it's place. But as the console aged gamer's found some fond memories of Luigi's 1st solo adventure. Needless to say the Wii and it's controller are perfectly suited for this game, be it in New Play Control form or a fanboy's dream... Luigi's Mansion 2.

# 1 - The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

Ingredients: 1 Nintendo Gamecube, 1 copy of The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, 4X Game Boy Advance, 4X Game Boy Advance to Gamecube Link Cable, 4X freinds... all in all this served up a good time but spent to much time preparing to be enjoyed fully. Now instead of running around school for 3 freinds who happen to own GBA's and cables and would like to play a Zelda game over at your house, imagine this... online. 4 people completing a Zelda game from the comfort of their living rooms. And lets say you manage to get freinds over to help Link save the day. Tell them to bring along their DS's. Same concept less wires to get in your baby brothers way so he dosent trip and break his head and/or Gamecube.

Around the Network

i still need to play all of those lol

I've played em all. I would like to see Eternal Darkness too.

Assuming Pikmin is not on there because the sequel is in the works, then good list. My list would have F-zero higher and Eternal Darkness in 1st

I agree wholeheartedly with all of your choices. The Rogue Leader sequel, however, would seem to be impossible now, for I understand that Factor 5 collapsed in December, one of many companies that couldn't weather the recession.

4 Swords Adventures could well be my favorite multiplayer game of all time, and that's coming from someone who loves multiplayer games above all else (local non-FPS multiplayer games, more specifically). I don't care so much about adding an online feature, though; the fun of 4 Swords is the interaction with your friends, and the clever balance it strikes between competition for the most Force Gems, on the one hand, and needing to work together, on the other. I bought 4 GBA's from a Goodwill and secured the cables online so that I could play this with my friends who are not too likely to have either of those, and it's always been such an enjoyable game with anyone, even those who haven't played a Zelda title before. The added twist of the vote, wherein everyone votes for the most helpful and least helpful players at the end of the level, and which then takes and adds gems accordingly, makes winning the game a bizarre dance between stealing gems first and still helping the team out enough to keep from being voted down. Online would kill most of this for me, personally, but as long as they allowed DS connectivity I certainly wouldn't mind if online were an option.

Damn, now I'm dying for a game of it. Looks like I'll need to get all the equipment out again sometime soon and convince some different friends to give it a go. I have a perverse dream of a perfect set-up for this game, by the way; my old Gamecube has the GameBoy Player addition, so that I can technically fire up 4 Swords on the Wii and then connect the Gamecube as a GBA, but I'll need to get 2 TVs into the room... now imagine 4 Gamecube stations hooked up around one large, central TV for the Wii. One day, when old TVs and Gamecubes reach a ridiculously low price at thrift stores, I could set that up in a garage or something, of course I'd need 3 more GameBoy Player additions.... a man can dream.

Around the Network

The sad part is... I haven't played any of those except for Luigi's Mansion.

But a F-zero sequel for the Wii would be awesome, highs peed cars with Wii mote controls would be so sweet if done correctly. And we know Nintendo won't screw it up...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Super Mario Sunshine sequel...........yeah, I said it. I loved that game.

Only one i own is f zero

I own all of them except Luigi's Mansion. They definitely need sequels and F-Zero needs to be a tad easier.

I want a direct sequel to Mario Sunshine. That game was.. so good.