By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FPS haters due to dual analog control!

SUPABRETT said:
Muhammad Ali must have alot of accounts on video game forums, cuz I always see people complain that Wii controls are not accurate enough. Which makes no sense if you can play with dual sticks how the hell can't you play with the remote?

Even Red Steel controlled better than any regular fps I played before it.

I hope Wii controls become standard so all the cry babies can move on to PC.

good call, being an ass about it will certainly change people's minds.

yer a genious~

Around the Network
Torillian said:
SUPABRETT said:
Muhammad Ali must have alot of accounts on video game forums, cuz I always see people complain that Wii controls are not accurate enough. Which makes no sense if you can play with dual sticks how the hell can't you play with the remote?

good call, being an ass about it will certainly change people's minds.

yer a genious~

I couldn't give a Shit about changing anyones mind. I'm just amused by the people who really think the remote is less accurate. That is factually wrong unless you're Muhammed Ali or have a condition like him.

I know for a fact that if killzone had support for both set of controls remote users would be better than stick.

Sorry your feelings were hurt homie.  Keep up the good fight!!!! lol

SUPABRETT said:

I'm sorry, but with the "vastly inferior analog sticks" at least when try to aim, there is no sudden error that causes your cursor to spaz out.

Red Steel controlled terribly, and if the motion controls were imprecise once (even though there were tons of times), then they become less accurate than sticks or Keyboard and mouse.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sanadawarrior said:
Grampy said:

Controls are definately a matter of taste and you can, with practice achieve proficiency with any BUT one difference hasn't been talked about. I like a game to be immersive. I don't care much about competition, I want to experience the game, really get into it.

Lets take Call of Duty World at War, here I am and suddenly a pot load of enemy soldier come running at me waving swords and screaming banzia. OK I pick up my trust dual analog and dispatch them with my adroit thumb wiggling and button mashing. Feel real? Not really, I actually feel kind of silly. Oops, here comes the second wave only I will send these to meet their ancestors by wiggling a mouse and typing on a keyboard. Still kind of silly feeling.

Now comes the third wave only this time I'm packing heat. I've got something in my hands that looks and feels like a weapon and I shoot it by pulling a trigger. Now that's immersive. Hell, sometimes I'll duck behind the coach and pop up to give a quick burst. Or I can get more up close and personal by taking up my Perfect Shot which is a very nice pistol and feels good. Even the reloading motion feels right. Not only is it intuitive, fast, accurate, its also a lot more fun.

So you feel less silly holding a plastic toy gun and ducking behind the couch as if actualy in danger? Anyways if you can be immersed in something like a movie or book where you have no input, I don't see how a video game controler hurts immersion.

Well I tried using a real gun for a while but man, buying new flat screens was starting to hurt....

Grampy said:
sanadawarrior said:
Grampy said:

Controls are definately a matter of taste and you can, with practice achieve proficiency with any BUT one difference hasn't been talked about. I like a game to be immersive. I don't care much about competition, I want to experience the game, really get into it.

Lets take Call of Duty World at War, here I am and suddenly a pot load of enemy soldier come running at me waving swords and screaming banzia. OK I pick up my trust dual analog and dispatch them with my adroit thumb wiggling and button mashing. Feel real? Not really, I actually feel kind of silly. Oops, here comes the second wave only I will send these to meet their ancestors by wiggling a mouse and typing on a keyboard. Still kind of silly feeling.

Now comes the third wave only this time I'm packing heat. I've got something in my hands that looks and feels like a weapon and I shoot it by pulling a trigger. Now that's immersive. Hell, sometimes I'll duck behind the coach and pop up to give a quick burst. Or I can get more up close and personal by taking up my Perfect Shot which is a very nice pistol and feels good. Even the reloading motion feels right. Not only is it intuitive, fast, accurate, its also a lot more fun.

So you feel less silly holding a plastic toy gun and ducking behind the couch as if actualy in danger? Anyways if you can be immersed in something like a movie or book where you have no input, I don't see how a video game controler hurts immersion.

Well I tried using a real gun for a while but man, buying new flat screens was starting to hurt....

But the enjoyment?

Man, when I was still using real guns I just went over to a friends.

Around the Network
Grampy said:
sanadawarrior said:
Grampy said:

Ah see that was your problem, should have gone with an airsoft gun, fairly realistic without the trouble of replacing flat screens...maybe

outlawauron said:
SUPABRETT said:

I'm sorry, but with the "vastly inferior analog sticks" at least when try to aim, there is no sudden error that causes your cursor to spaz out.

Red Steel controlled terribly, and if the motion controls were imprecise once (even though there were tons of times), then they become less accurate than sticks or Keyboard and mouse.

I guess I was lucky then. Red Steel never spazzed out one me. Everybody says it does for some reason.

Or maybe I was just awesome at the game?

SUPABRETT said:
outlawauron said:
SUPABRETT said:

I guess I was lucky then. Red Steel never spazzed out one me. Everybody says it does for some reason.

Or maybe I was just awesome at the game?

Riiight. Everyone but you seems to have issues with the controls.

It only spazzed out for me when I pointed off the screen while I was respawning. Annoying, but I could just restart from a checkpoint and I'd lose no progress as I'd already be back there.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

Wii controls by themselves with never make an average game anything other than average. They need quality beyond the control scheme, as if you take the beloved controls away, you quickly find that FPS offerings on the Wii are seriously lacking in many regards. I will take a great FPS with okay controls (Left 4 Dead on x360) way before I will take an okay FPS with great controls (presumably The Conduit).

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka