By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Differences between the Star Ocean 4 versions

pbroy said:
Would be nice if there's DLC, like Naruto, where you can download the Japanese voice acting and Japanese style HUD.

I'd be the first day buyer for the HUD ^_^ as for the Jap voices, I've never been that big on them for my JRPGs, so I don't really care much about that. Then again, I've mainly played Tales games where the VOs were great in English.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
pbroy said:
Would be nice if there's DLC, like Naruto, where you can download the Japanese voice acting and Japanese style HUD.

I'd be the first day buyer for the HUD ^_^ as for the Jap voices, I've never been that big on them for my JRPGs, so I don't really care much about that. Then again, I've mainly played Tales games where the VOs were great in English.

I agree with that, I've never had any problems with the English voices in Tales game.

As for SO4, everything was OK, until I heard that item creation girl, Welch. WOW, finger nails to chalkboard...

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Ugh, no kidding. SO3 had some pretty grating VOs too; SO4 sounds a bit better but wow, I really hope that kid dies at some point and is replaced by a black market street vender.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Deviation59 said:
Shadowblind said:
Blacksaber said:
I'm not going to ask why they change it the people who are getting this game are very likely also into anime why change it?

Because they apparently want to see how far they can push their dedicated fans before they finally crack? Sub-par VOs, ugly HUDs, cliche game characters....your disapointing me Sqeenix. Though I suppose I'm not like most of the standard JRPG lovers out there, but still.....

They're trying to appeal to the Xbox audience.

Yeah, I know. And from the sound of things here its working, so I guess its a good thing, for them anyway. I still hope they have the option to change it back though. :/

It's something worth hoping for.

@ shadowblind, the SO3 VO was absolutely awful (as was IU), it really put me off the game, I still haven't got round to finishing it having stupidly bought and started it a few weeks before GTA IV's release

Around the Network

pbroy, add this picture to your comparison.

MOmO_X said:
reserved it already ;)

Hopefully from the VGChartz Store. ~_n

Screenshot added.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
MOmO_X said:
reserved it already ;)

Hopefully from the VGChartz Store. ~_n

Screenshot added.

Thanks  

but i pre-order at playasia.

OK, now lets compare these profile pics:

Edge and Reimi transfer over fine, but look at Lymle. Anime Lymle is WAY cuter. Cute is harder to transfer into CG.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

I slightly prefer the JPN version based on those pics, though I would definitely not call the NA one "bad".