By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Differences between the Star Ocean 4 versions

Thats neat, i personally like the Japanese one(i like anime). But a lot of people hate that overly cute design. I think is a good move in order to make the game a little more mature looking.

make this an option!!1 xD

PSN = vic_haste

Around the Network

Tales is a Anime RPG, Namco says so. It will never change. Many JRPGs are not anime-style, I don´know where people get this idea of JRPGs necessarily having a anime-style.

The problem is the westernization of JRPG's. Even little, like SO4. Hopefully this won't become a trend.

Xen said:
The problem is the westernization of JRPG's. Even little, like SO4. Hopefully this won't become a trend.

I don´t see any westernization of SO4, tbh.

I like the U.S. version more, but they both look great.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network
memory2zack said:
Xen said:

CG instead of Anime. It's not too big, but it's there.

Xen said:
memory2zack said:
Xen said:

CG is not inherently more Western than anime style. Final Fantasy attests to this pretty blatantly.

Like I said: if this is the biggest complaint you have about the game....

Khuutra said:
If this is the thing that all of you are most worried about in your games, you are all incredibly lucky.

Cripes.

360 owners don't have much else to complain about when it comes to their games :/ so we're gonna resort to complaining about the small things we don't like.... -_-

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Khuutra said:
Xen said:
memory2zack said:
Xen said:

CG is not inherently more Western than anime style. Final Fantasy attests to this pretty blatantly.

Like I said: if this is the biggest complaint you have about the game....

CG is more popular in the west than Anime. Which is why I'm saying that's westernization...

But yeah, it's my biggest (and probably, only) complaint... here comes the game that'll dethrone Lost Odyssey as the best 360 JRPG.

For the record, I like the US version better because the colors on the menu aren't trying to blind me.