By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No LAN for Conduit and release date Confirmed

Bah. This is slightly annoying. I was planning on having The Conduit LAN parties with all my friends. T_T;

I'll still get the game if at anything to hope for a sequel with split-screen.

And, well, it still looks fun. I dunno. I'm not an online gamer. But if they're going strictly online, they must do it well.

Around the Network

Well people musn't care THAT much or else a petition would be up right now :P

I don't know why this is even a shock to people.. They said they weren't going to do split screen ages ago and said they'd think about it for the sequel, why all the anger about it now?

Nintendo not allowing LAN is stupid though and I would like somebody to ask them why they wouldn't allow it. Perhaps the next Nintendo Minute or something.. It's a bit disappointing, not allowing High Voltage to not use friend codes and then saying no LAN either..

Did High Voltage choose Sega over Nintendo or something?? It's stupid..

Actually, how does split screen work (if it does) on the wii? What's stopping you from crossing over to your opponents half/quarter of the screen?

I've only seen it done in games that aren't FPS, so it's basically waggle as opposed to aiming.

Has it been done before?

Gosh I just don't understand gaming companies. Goldeneye on N64 from over a decade ago had 4 player split screen. How can a FPS over ten years later not have it? It's like one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Red Steel and Quantum of Solace both have split screen

It works because your not really pointing at the screen but the sensor bar and so the scaling just makes your cursor go around your section of screen as if it were the whole screen. I'm not explaining myself very well..

But it works perfectly

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:
Actually, how does split screen work (if it does) on the wii? What's stopping you from crossing over to your opponents half/quarter of the screen?

I've only seen it done in games that aren't FPS, so it's basically waggle as opposed to aiming.

Has it been done before?

Red steel and far cry had split screen. I really wish they would have LAN for the conduit...it would have been awesome...

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

CAL4M1TY said:

Has it been done before?

Same way as non split screen.  If you point out of your aim box (which is adjustable in the conduit), then your field of vision starts turning instead of moving the cross hair.

When was the last time any game did LAN play?

The GC had some -- but it was a rarely utilized and not easy to accomplish.

Plus, tell me the difference between hooking up on the LAN and hooking up on the Internet. I know there are latency/potential response time issues using the Internet -- but from a perspective of what it does, there really is not any.

As for split screen, that would be nice to have. But do any existing Wii FPS games use it? I was wondering if it might be difficult since you have to be pointing at the screen (rather than controlling things using sticks).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

no LAN is not a big deal for me, but it makes me mad when FPS don't have split screen multiplayer

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

CAL4M1TY said:

Has it been done before?

The same thing that stops you from dragging your cursor onto someone else's screen with a dual stick controller, that game simply doesn't let you.

I'm starting to think I'm the only person who ever tried Red Steel's multiplayer mode. I played Red Steel with three friends and it was fine for us, even my sister, who rarely plays shooters other then TF2.