By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No LAN for Conduit and release date Confirmed

nordlead said:
I don't care about the no lan, since I wouldn't use it, but the no split screen is a major blow to my interest in the game. I don't care for shooters to much, but I would have liked to play one with my brother who probably won't buy the game.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Around the Network

How exactly would you make the IR function good on split screen? On small tv, with 4 screens, you wouldn't be able to aim normaly.
I don't mind with no lan and splitscreen, as long as I get playable online.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Splitscreen multiplayer is what defines good nintendo gaming. Personally i never had a better time than playing with 4 friends in the same room Mario Kart Wii or Goldeneye in the past. Iwill still get Conduit but this is a major bummer since i never really cared about online gaming or Wii speak. And it's easier to get 4 friends in my place than to get then online at the same time.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Never used Lan but splitscreen would have been fun, I will still buy the game though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Man no ones does lan parties anymore? Makes me appreciate where i live. Lan parties are the shit! PSP somewhat does Lan with Adhoc so that saves us some time and money. About once a month we will rent a Uhaul and get everyones tv's (we need the uhaul cause they're 52" tv's however i use a 22" monitor >.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

I don't care about LAN, but I'd give away the entire SP game for a good splitscreen.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

No splitscreen? That'll hurt any viral sales effect they might have wanted. If you have split-screen there's a good chance when you have a guest over you might play together, increasing the amount of people exposed to the game.

Now it's pretty much limited to sell by hype, and people without great internet connections will have less interest in the game.

It should sell, but it won't be the massive break-out success it had the potential to be.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Son1x said:
How exactly would you make the IR function good on split screen? On small tv, with 4 screens, you wouldn't be able to aim normaly.
I don't mind with no lan and splitscreen, as long as I get playable online.

The IR sensor bar has no sensors...  it's just some lights that the wiimotes tack via IR.  So, no problem if you have 2 or 4 people using the same bar to aim, however it would be best if they could calibrate independantly.

People who have never been to a LAN party don't know what they are missing.

Demotruk said:
No splitscreen? That'll hurt any viral sales effect they might have wanted. If you have split-screen there's a good chance when you have a guest over you might play together, increasing the amount of people exposed to the game.

Now it's pretty much limited to sell by hype, and people without great internet connections will have less interest in the game.

It should sell, but it won't be the massive break-out success it had the potential to be.

Well put, but it's way too late now. They first spoke of it along time ago when they hated split-screen and said it would affect the graphics.

I was never going to use LAN anyway, but Nintendo not allowing it is ridiculous.
(>'.')>