By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fallout 3 dev says Wii is a toy (but Bethesda making medieval Wii games?)

Sharky54 said:
totalwar23 said:
Sharky54 said:
YOu think bethesda designed the game for that? If they could they would make it so you couldn't lower the settings. Doing so lets them get the game out to people who don't have uber leet PCs.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/086/934605_20070328_screen004.jpg look at the PS3 version. That is what the game SHOULD look like.

And this doesn't apply to owners of the Wii? I know what Oblivion looks like. I have the game and can run it at the highest setting, far better than that the PS3. The point is however, Bethesda can "rescale" the game to fit the platform (and they do, as you can see).

If they wanted to where is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion WII EDITION!

Hmm? Oh cause they don't want to thats right. They have to for the PC since most people don't have uber PCs. But if they had a choice with that they wouldn't do it.

This game was released in what? 2005? When the Wii was doomed? There's also the fact that they have limited resources and they see a better market from for the PS3/360/PC. From this thread, however, it appears that they are starting some form of development for the Wii. Baby steps, baby steps.

And secondly, most people may not have uber PCs, but most people (at least gaming people) had better PCs than that. That's only a small portion of the market but Bethesda made the game to fit the FX series anyways.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Sharky54 said:
i hope to god you dont mean this pile of garbage lol.

http://pics.livejournal.com/aeamek/pic/0010y6z1

Don't know what the hell that is but it's not Spiderman: Web of Shadows on Wii.

The HUD is different too.

It's the Wii (Or even PS2) version of Spider-man 3. Funny thing is those fancy graphics the HD versions had, didn't make the game suck any less then any other version. In fact the DS version was the best rated by far, but sold the very least. The PS2 is the best selling, but the worst rated.

I don't really have a point here, I'm just thinking out loud.

@ Viper, maybe it was an early build. But that's what I found on good when i searched web of shadows wii lol

@arnold dude

I said before that hardcore games will sell better on the PS3/360/PC. I also understand they can dumb it down. But they rather not. Just recently with how well oblivion and fallout were received by the general public are they going into other projects. Look at their history. Only big budget games were their elder scrolls. the combo of selling more on the PC/360/PS3 and a better product means they are more likely to build a game around those platforms then around the Wii. Also Bethesda are so lazy. They cant even make sure the games look the same on all systems. In oblivion the PS3 version looks the best because they took the time to work on it. but they were too lazy to give the random updates to the PS3 that they gave 360 and the PC. and with fallout they were like "whatever" with whatever the PS3 and 360 versions looked like. In the end their "whatever" is still far better looking then what the wii can do. can we at least agree to that?

Sharky54 said:
@ Viper, maybe it was an early build. But that's what I found on good when i searched web of shadows wii lol

BrainBox said it was a previous SpiderMan game....just not Web of Shadows.

I just checked it, it's Spider-Man 3 which was ported to Wii.   That's not even an early build, it really had no LOD textures for buildings like that it seems.  But look what Treyarch did with Web of Shadows.  Every building has textures on it...even 7 miles away.    Let Bethesda take a crack at it with the update Gamebryo 2.6 game engine and I bet you they do quite a bit better.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Sharky54 said:

@arnold dude

I said before that hardcore games will sell better on the PS3/360/PC. I also understand they can dumb it down. But they rather not. Just recently with how well oblivion and fallout were received by the general public are they going into other projects. Look at their history. Only big budget games were their elder scrolls. the combo of selling more on the PC/360/PS3 and a better product means they are more likely to build a game around those platforms then around the Wii. Also Bethesda are so lazy. They cant even make sure the games look the same on all systems. In oblivion the PS3 version looks the best because they took the time to work on it. but they were too lazy to give the random updates to the PS3 that they gave 360 and the PC. and with fallout they were like "whatever" with whatever the PS3 and 360 versions looked like. In the end their "whatever" is still far better looking then what the wii can do. can we at least agree to that?

Who here is saying that Wii games look just as good as PS3/360 games? Not really the point. The Wii's specifications is not stopping Bethesda from making their so called "hard core games" on the Wii. During the beginning of the Wii's lifespan, most publishers thought that their safe place was the PC/PS3/360 and omitted Wii games from their line-up using the "the Wii's not strong enough" excuse. I seem to remember that somebody got the Oblivion engine to run on the Wii (for sure the CoD4 engine did). Now, the Wii has proven itself with its strong sales and publishers are starting to rethink their strategy (Dead Space, anyone). Seeing that Bethesda has their little Wii development team, I'm sure in time they'll get an Oblivion style game out for the Wii. Maybe that's not true, but other publishers are certainly doing it, despite the technical limitations on the Wii.

Around the Network
narfwack said:
Lurker said:
Bethesda games are too big for Wii. Morrowind had a rough time running on the original Xbox as it was, and it was at low settings graphic wise.

This again? Come on, I mean how many times do we have to go through this? It's already been explained time and time again that the Wii is more powerful and efficient than the old xbox.

Let me explain this to you... the Wii's GPU doesn't have programmable shaders.  Can you name me the last major GPU that didn't have programmable shaders outside of the Gamecube? ah... that right... the GeForce 2... that was a long f'n time ago.  Nintendo screwed it's fans by not adding this in.  Oh they saved a bunch of money and they are kings of the console race, but you people who can't see past one console are screwed over.  Now why don't you look at Bethesda's last few games outside of their portable department and show me one that doesn't use asstons of shaders?  You can't just port shader heavy engines over to the Wii... getting the same effect requires a software based solution and that takes cycles away from the GPU and CPU the could be doing other things.  You people seem to think that your the majority of Wii owners, but you're tiny slice... smaller than the PS3 user base in all probability and you have way less push.  These games will be aimed straight at those other people who tentatively pick up Mario Cart racing thinking it'll be to difficult, but are curious about the "wheel controller".

Viper1 said:
Sharky54 said:

BrainBox said it was a previous SpiderMan game....just not Web of Shadows.

I just checked it, it's Spider-Man 3 which was ported to Wii.   That's not even an early build, it really had no LOD textures for buildings like that it seems.  But look what Treyarch did with Web of Shadows.  Every building has textures on it...even 7 miles away.    Let Bethesda take a crack at it with the update Gamebryo 2.6 game engine and I bet you they do quite a bit better.

That's how I recongized it. Nintendo Power even poked fun at it by posting a pic of Spiderman on-top of a building with all the untextured ones below with the caption. "Which gift should Spider-man open first?" Funny thing, web slinging controls, for movement, felt great. After you got use to him they're  just a blast. Every other part of the game was awful, but that one thing they did right. =P

Bethesda likes to make very high end games. Wii can't handle it. Maybe they will design games for the wii sure. But they won't be the high end masterpieces you see from elder scrolls and now fallout. They are making a new FPS for 360/PC/PS3. Guess what they are doing? 200+ different map combos for online multiplayer. They love freedom and such. The Wii cant give you the same amount of freedom as the other consoles can. PC really has the most potential based off of the higher end stuff and the massive amounts of RAM you can get. What is the Wii's ram anyway?

Sharky54 said:
Bethesda likes to make very high end games. Wii can't handle it. Maybe they will design games for the wii sure. But they won't be the high end masterpieces you see from elder scrolls and now fallout. They are making a new FPS for 360/PC/PS3. Guess what they are doing? 200+ different map combos for online multiplayer. They love freedom and such. The Wii cant give you the same amount of freedom as the other consoles can. PC really has the most potential based off of the higher end stuff and the massive amounts of RAM you can get. What is the Wii's ram anyway?

88mb shared if i'm not mistaken

why talk about what they said about the wii. how about we talk about how FALLOUT 3 is ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER! and the MASTERPIECE that it is!

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!