By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fallout 3 dev says Wii is a toy (but Bethesda making medieval Wii games?)

But is wii sports badass? lol

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
But is wii sports badass? lol

Absolutely. The game has spawned an extremely large list of very successful titles created in an attempt to capture the same mini game market. It has 2 sequels that sold over 10 million a piece, and more than one series of games that sell a million on a yearly basis. While the mini-game collection idea has existed for far longer than this gen, Wii Sports is the one that showed just how well it can be done.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Sharky54 said:
Procrastinato said:
scottie said:
BeTa77 said:
Bethesda just doesn't like the Wii. but most of there games are way to BIG for the Wii to handle.

I agree, the Wii's 9.4 gb of disc space is less than the 8 gb available on a 360 disc

I learn a lot from the Wii knowers.  Who knew X360 was so crippled?  Thanks for the infos scottie.

I think they are both 9 GBs

Anyway, its not the amount of info, its the size of the gameworld. If you have played fallout3 you know that you can see certain buildings from the other side of the map(this is the size of a city). The Wii cannot handle that at high graphical settigs.

Have you played Spider-Man: Web of Shadows on Wii?  You can stand on a building on the northern side of Central park and see every building all the way to the southern tip of Manhattan.   7.5 miles.

Sure the building details (LOD) is very low that far away but you also have a few thousand buildings in between to render along with traffic, pedestrians and enemies.

All that on a mid budget Treyarch game.  I'm quite sure Bethesda can work wonders with.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Sharky54 said:
Procrastinato said:
scottie said:
BeTa77 said:
Bethesda just doesn't like the Wii. but most of there games are way to BIG for the Wii to handle.

I agree, the Wii's 9.4 gb of disc space is less than the 8 gb available on a 360 disc

I learn a lot from the Wii knowers.  Who knew X360 was so crippled?  Thanks for the infos scottie.

I think they are both 9 GBs

Anyway, its not the amount of info, its the size of the gameworld. If you have played fallout3 you know that you can see certain buildings from the other side of the map(this is the size of a city). The Wii cannot handle that at high graphical settigs.

Have you played Spider-Man: Web of Shadows on Wii?  You can stand on a building on the northern side of Central park and see every building all the way to the southern tip of Manhattan.   7.5 miles.

Sure the building details (LOD) is very low that far away but you also have a few thousand buildings in between to render along with traffic, pedestrians and enemies.

All that on a mid budget Treyarch game.  I'm quite sure Bethesda can work wonders with.

Bethesda likes a lot more on screen with a lot of detail. Also 7.5 miles isnt that far. Fallout you can see much farther then that. I am not even joking, from one side of the map you can see tenpenny tower. The map is HUGE.

The game world itself is similar in size to that of Oblivion, which has a 16-square-mile (41 km2) game world. 16 miles of 720p goodness compared to 7 miles of low res ugly. There really is no contest.

16 Sq miles is just a 4 x 4 grid. The width of Manhattan is just over 2 miles. Guess what 7.5 x 2 is? 15 square miles.

So, the game world can be the exact same size. And you guys said Wii can't handle a game world that big and it already has one.

Now swap out the licensed developer, Treyarch, and put in Bethesda and you'd have a very damn good game.

So, how much farther are you going to dig that hole?

Around the Network

You can stand on a building on the northern side of Central park and see every building all the way to the southern tip of Manhattan. 7.5 miles.

Your game is 7.5 square miles,not 16 square miles. yours is 2 _ and 7.5 |

Fallout is 16 _ and 16 |

Your game world isn't nearly as massive as fallout. 16 x 16 =/= 2 x 7.5 I am sorry.

Sharky54 said:
You can stand on a building on the northern side of Central park and see every building all the way to the southern tip of Manhattan. 7.5 miles.

Fallout is 16 _ and 16 |

Your game world isn't nearly as massive as fallout. 16 x 16 =/= 2 x 7.5 I am sorry.

LOL, you don't know what a square mile is, do you?

To get the square mileage, you multiply the length and width.   Oblivion (and Fallout 3) are as you said, 16 square miles meaning their boarders are approximately 4 miles wide by 4 miles long.  Or 2 miles wide by 8 miles long.

Or 7.5 miles long by 2 miles wide which gets you 15 square miles.

Sharky54 said:

Fallout is 16 _ and 16 |

What the hell are you smoking? 16 miles^2 is either 4X4, 2X8 or 16X1 or any type of that combination.

Anyhoo, Morrowing is 11 miles^2 and the minimum requirements are a 32mb video card and a Pentium III (500Mhz) and the Wii is certainly stronger than that. I'm quite sure it can achieve 16 square miles. Not to mention the minimum video card for Oblivion is a Geforce FX series. That wasn't originally so but Bethesda decided to do so after some pressure. I'm sure B. can make an Oblivion type game for the Wii.

Sorry I just woke up before this. I think I was thinking miles squared instead.But still, the Wii cant handle what they aim for in graphics. Graphics + gameworld+ draw distance is what bethesda's games are all about. Also I am looking up pictures of this game. If it looks like crap I will dismiss it as just that.

Sharky54 said:
If it looks like crap I will dismiss it as just that.

See previous post.

Viper1 said:
Now swap out the licensed developer, Treyarch, and put in Bethesda and you'd have a very damn good game.