By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you still seeing the Wii as the "kiddy" console?

Gameboy86 said:
Viper, I enjoy each and every post you make :)

Thanks.

It just strikes me as odd that so many of the 'mature' console owners/developers feel the need to act precisely the opposite: immature.    It seems this niche minority feels so terminally threatened by what they claim is so benign to begin with that they must vindicate themselves by trumpeting their assumed surpriority with all the gusto of a drunken frat boy.

So speak more, I say to them.  Each irrational validation they provide is in reality a clear delineation of self doubt, fear, intolerance and conceit.   Their own pettiness and asinined assertions do great harm to their credibility.  Such poetic justice.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Yeah, wii is the best console for kids.

Except amongst HD gaming fanboys there's no preception that Wii is a kiddy console. In fact amongst the general public I think the 360 is the kiddy console 'cause that's the console of choice for kids.

Wii is the console of Mom's choosing because it's the only one she wants to play on too. It's also the console for girls, retirees, casual and lapsed gamers and little kids too young to figure out a 360.

no, Wii barely has some titles which are not for kids

No more Heroes
House Of The Dead
Call Of Duty series
Resident Evil series
and...maybe...uhmm...let's see... i dont know

Around the Network

oh and Medal of Honor series

I never looked at the Wii as a kiddy system. The same way I never looked at the NES, or SNES, or N64 as kiddy systems. It's all the pr and corporate spins that attempt to stigmatize competition. Then fanboys regurtitate those sentiments and hence flame wars begin.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

dib8rman said:
This thread was ok, but I'm more interested in how emmesne gameboys sig is.

Heehee, that's what a Saturday afternoon with no work or plans does for ya :P

It seems many of the HD fanboys have a secret love for the Wii, what else would explain their near constant trolling in the Nintendo forum. You know how often I read the PS360 forum? Maybe one a month, ya know how often I post, I pretty sure I never have. Why would I read their forums if I don't own the system?Why would I try to annoy them? I would say its maturity, ya know like the real kind not just buy M rated games. I think they all (the fanboys) just secretly want a Wii and are really sad to know that gaming is coming back to the masses and they can't have their little club anymore.

Long time/new gamers choose Wii, new gamers in the 13-25 crowd have chosen PS360. Be happy and get over it.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Amen, Avery.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.