Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 aim/look speed: Realism? Or bad attempt at it?

@ Mummel & Sharky

Exactly, the controls had a learning curve, once you got used to it...it was smooth sailing. I don't get all the complaining either, I really don't. I'm personally bored of the same ol' "camera on a stick" feel. KZ2 adds a much needed tactical feel coupled with an awesome cover system and complex AI. I truly felt the realism when I would have to constantly rethink my tactics (yes the Helghast ARE insanely smart) and the control scheme fits perfectly. It was truly an incredible experience, one that I hope future FPS titles go by!

Around the Network

shooting controls are very good in kz2 cod4 has a twitch system kz2 is much more realistic..........id say kz2 shooting mechanics are like battlefild bad company. so may like it some may not

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

It's feels different, quite refreshing, it's something that you used to it, you can't just go to the room guns blazing, you have think before you act. I don't get the complaints about the controls, feels great to me.

papflesje said:
KylieDog said:
Eh, I've messed about on the demo for ages with all different settings, if in other FPS games you are the sort who can't target well (headshots) then Killzone 2 will have a good appeal, because it takes away any tight accuracy on moving targets.

The crosshair is just too slow in its movement. Any half decent player should be able to avoid anothers crosshair just by strafing while ducking for moments at a time.

That's just lame, kylie.  So now you're basically saying that those who suck in FPS (since they can't headshot, a skill for the skilled FPS player), will love KZ2.

And I think that if you keep strafing in this game, while ducking here and there, you'll be a sitting duck, no matter whether you're up against a half decent player or a godlike player (difference is how long you will manage to do that move).

You're not insanely fast in KZ when walking straight ahead or to the side, so adding crouching to the mix?  Yeah right, that'll get you somewhere... dead on the ground *rolls eyes*

It isn't basically what I am saying, it is exactly what I am saying.

The aiming controls have a massive deadzone before -anything- starts to happen on screen, and the initial movement speed is so slow it just isn't useful.

For the time it would take to aim at a head, a moving one especially, it would be significantly, and I really wanna emphsise that, -significantly- easier to just put a few rounds into a chest to equal the headshot damage.

If you strafe why ducking and standing the person trying to headshot you would need zig zag, and the current crosshair speeds aren't fast enough to keep up with that small a change of movement in those quickly changing directions.

This doesn't sound realistic at all.

Go and pick up a heavy object. While holding it in your hands, move it around. Does it suffer acceleration after a while? I don't think so.

I'm not criticizing the game, just saying I don't understand those who say this makes it realistic.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

@Kylie

In real life however, if someone was doing that, you wouldn't follow his head :P You'd just wait at his head level and trace him till he pops up again, then bam head-shot xD They made the ironsights more for pin-point aiming then general firing. It's for those hard to hit time's or if someone's in the distance. I think it works well ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

@ NJ5

You'd have to play the demo to understand, our descriptions aren't going to be enough. Anyone who argues, however, that COD 2-5 is more realistic than KZ2 really doesn't understand realism.

I still have yet to play the demo of KZ2 but I think it's strange when people complain about games not requiring skill when in reality they have skill with minimalistic games. Yes, I do want games to take skill myself but not the way many do.

NJ5 said:

Go and pick up a heavy object. While holding it in your hands, move it around. Does it suffer acceleration after a while? I don't think so.

I'm not criticizing the game, just saying I don't understand those who say this makes it realistic.

after awhile it would, mostly due to your muscles becoming more worn and losing acceleration

markers said:
NJ5 said:

after awhile it would, mostly due to your muscles becoming more worn and losing acceleration

does the game have that oh so realistic health regen if you aren't being hit?  I mean I have been shot lots of times in real life, but hospitals are so overrated, i just hide behind a wall or something for a few seconds and i'm good.

But with all these posts claiming how they give it time and after so many run through they got used to controls, I think I will remember this thread and come back and quote some people if they ever come and bash some Wii controls.