By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 aim/look speed: Realism? Or bad attempt at it?

I still have yet to play the demo of KZ2 but I think it's strange when people complain about games not requiring skill when in reality they have skill with minimalistic games. Yes, I do want games to take skill myself but not the way many do.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
This doesn't sound realistic at all.

Go and pick up a heavy object. While holding it in your hands, move it around. Does it suffer acceleration after a while? I don't think so.

I'm not criticizing the game, just saying I don't understand those who say this makes it realistic.

after awhile it would, mostly due to your muscles becoming more worn and losing acceleration

markers said:
NJ5 said:

Go and pick up a heavy object. While holding it in your hands, move it around. Does it suffer acceleration after a while? I don't think so.

I'm not criticizing the game, just saying I don't understand those who say this makes it realistic.

after awhile it would, mostly due to your muscles becoming more worn and losing acceleration

does the game have that oh so realistic health regen if you aren't being hit?  I mean I have been shot lots of times in real life, but hospitals are so overrated, i just hide behind a wall or something for a few seconds and i'm good.

But with all these posts claiming how they give it time and after so many run through they got used to controls, I think I will remember this thread and come back and quote some people if they ever come and bash some Wii controls.

irstupid said:
markers said:
NJ5 said:

does the game have that oh so realistic health regen if you aren't being hit?  I mean I have been shot lots of times in real life, but hospitals are so overrated, i just hide behind a wall or something for a few seconds and i'm good.

But with all these posts claiming how they give it time and after so many run through they got used to controls, I think I will remember this thread and come back and quote some people if they ever come and bash some Wii controls.

health regen is the latest trend so of course its in it.

but as for the controls, you gotta want to get used to them. me i dislike the wii motion alot in most games, but in some games i get used to it because i want to play the game. just like in kz2 demo, the controls weren't great but i wanted to get used to them. and guess what? when i did it was enjoyable, that goes with the wii too.

yea i know the health regen is a new trend, but in my opinion is a horrible trend. That was one of the factors that turned me off shooters. Bring back health packs that take time to use. or what happened to developers promising that if you get shot in leg it is hard to walk or shot in harm can't use arm ect.

Did they just say screw all that and just make screen blurry for a couple seconds and aiming a bit tricky. then you perfectly healthy again. The reason FPS are off my radar is because they have been stagnent forever. Nothing is changing or being added. Just same o same o.

Around the Network

Don't say anything negative about something with hype Kylie, this is what is comes down to. I haven't played the demo, so I won't comment on the issue itself, but I will say you can't say something, anything, negative about a game with hype for at least a few months after its release or you will get chewed out hard. When resistance 2 first hit I said it's single player was lackluster but it had great multiplayer. I was flamed to hell about saying that about the single player even though by now that seems to be the consensus. If you have a complaint, wait a few months, people will be receptive then. But right now it's just "KILLZONE IS GOD" mode and you will be stoned as a heathen if you don't get on board.

Though I haven't played the demo, I have to ask does it aim like it would in real life? If not, it's not realistic. That doesn't make it bad, but it doesn't make it realistic.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

CGI-Quality said:
@ markers

Agreed, and what's so wrong with the Wii's controls? I found them to be a blast especially in games like No More Heroes, Red Steel and RE Umbrella Chronicles. Those happen to be my 3 favorite games on the system, while I wait patiently for Fatal Frame 4 and Dragon Quest X :)

nothing is wrong with the controls. those 3 games you mentioned i like as well. i was just stating controls, whether analog or motion, can be difficult to get used to. some are turned off because of this. but if your not lazy and get used to the controls then you will learn the controls and therefore enjoy the game.

irstupid said:
yea i know the health regen is a new trend, but in my opinion is a horrible trend. That was one of the factors that turned me off shooters. Bring back health packs that take time to use. or what happened to developers promising that if you get shot in leg it is hard to walk or shot in harm can't use arm ect.

Did they just say screw all that and just make screen blurry for a couple seconds and aiming a bit tricky. then you perfectly healthy again. The reason FPS are off my radar is because they have been stagnent forever. Nothing is changing or being added. Just same o same o.

yeah ive been hoping /  waiting for the pin-point damage type thing in FPS for a long time. and for the health thing i always wanted it to be you have to have a medic come patch you up, instead of using health packs or regen. that would bring it to another level of difficulty, protect your medics or be screwed if you get shot.

CGI-Quality said:

@ markers

Yea, they do take some time to get used to :D
But it's all good though because, like me, you seem like you'd give it a chance before writing it off as a terrible thing and that's awesome :) That's all I'm sayin people should do in the case of KZ2, even though the feedback on it has been very positive.

i am definetly the type to get over sub-par controls to enjoy a game, hell i loved lair i try and give every game a shot, the ones that interest me atleast.

The_vagabond7 said:
Don't say anything negative about something with hype Kylie, this is what is comes down to. I haven't played the demo, so I won't comment on the issue itself, but I will say you can't say something, anything, negative about a game with hype for at least a few months after its release or you will get chewed out hard. When resistance 2 first hit I said it's single player was lackluster but it had great multiplayer. I was flamed to hell about saying that about the single player even though by now that seems to be the consensus. If you have a complaint, wait a few months, people will be receptive then. But right now it's just "KILLZONE IS GOD" mode and you will be stoned as a heathen if you don't get on board.

Though I haven't played the demo, I have to ask does it aim like it would in real life? If not, it's not realistic. That doesn't make it bad, but it doesn't make it realistic.

I've played the demo over 8 times now, so it must be doing something right, but I can see people not liking it, It's definetely not for everyone, it's gonna be a love or hate affair, with this game.