By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 aim/look speed: Realism? Or bad attempt at it?

KylieDog said:
Eh, I've messed about on the demo for ages with all different settings, if in other FPS games you are the sort who can't target well (headshots) then Killzone 2 will have a good appeal, because it takes away any tight accuracy on moving targets.

The crosshair is just too slow in its movement. Any half decent player should be able to avoid anothers crosshair just by strafing while ducking for moments at a time.

That's just lame, kylie.  So now you're basically saying that those who suck in FPS (since they can't headshot, a skill for the skilled FPS player), will love KZ2.

And I think that if you keep strafing in this game, while ducking here and there, you'll be a sitting duck, no matter whether you're up against a half decent player or a godlike player (difference is how long you will manage to do that move).

You're not insanely fast in KZ when walking straight ahead or to the side, so adding crouching to the mix?  Yeah right, that'll get you somewhere... dead on the ground *rolls eyes*

Around the Network

I actually REALLY liked the controls :P At close range, you really shouldn't be using ironsights to bead a moving target, unless they're at a range, which I haven't had problems with yet.

The aiming felt really friggin awesome on my end :P With the cover system in place, you could line up your shot before you popped out, it just made a lot of sense to me xD

In the multi-player you'll be able to move around as you aim (no cover system to rely on), and you can easily use that for some correction as well.

All in all I had no problem with the aiming system :P Good attempt as far as I'm concerned.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

well i thought the demo was a blast and i like the realistic feel concept I do think that they need to adjust the gun aiming. Its just so slow and kinda awkward. Like you said it just doesn't feel quite right. Besides that though awesome game.

Every new game comes with it's own controls. We get used to them. To expect oneself to become accustomed to a new game's controls upon booting is beyond me. I know it took me months to finally get really good at even cod4. My $0.02.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Words Of Wisdom said:

Alby_da_Wolf said:

(after finding a good control scheme it was much better in Mechwarrior 2, but then, it simulated a different kind of vehicle, a mech is more easily controlled with a stick than a car is, I should try again I'76 once I buy a wheel).

Mechwarrior games were best with mouse/keyboard.

I need access to all my firing groups (if I want to chain) as well as jump jets, coolant flush, and the rest.  A joystick could handle movement, but I still need buttons for all of those.

I played MW2:mercenaries twice, the first time with keyboard + MS Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick, and years later, after that joystick died two weeks after warranty expired , I played it again with keyboard + Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D, both joysticks have 3-axes + throttle + a lot of buttons, so I could do most with the stick (X and Y for turret and Z for movement direction) and use the kb for less used functions.

Although less reliable, MS stick had the advantage of having a button that doubled other buttons' functions, but for main functions the Logitech one has better ergonomics. Regarding car driving games, now I want to buy a good wheel anyway, as if I can beat "arcade" racing games with the stick, I can't with realistic ones.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Once you get used to them, they are awesome.

IMO, they're just as good if not better than any other FPS available. (Alternate 2, no zoom toggle).

shooting controls are very good in kz2 cod4 has a twitch system kz2 is much more realistic..........id say kz2 shooting mechanics are like battlefild bad company. so may like it some may not

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

It's feels different, quite refreshing, it's something that you used to it, you can't just go to the room guns blazing, you have think before you act. I don't get the complaints about the controls, feels great to me.

This doesn't sound realistic at all.

Go and pick up a heavy object. While holding it in your hands, move it around. Does it suffer acceleration after a while? I don't think so.

I'm not criticizing the game, just saying I don't understand those who say this makes it realistic.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@Kylie

In real life however, if someone was doing that, you wouldn't follow his head :P You'd just wait at his head level and trace him till he pops up again, then bam head-shot xD They made the ironsights more for pin-point aiming then general firing. It's for those hard to hit time's or if someone's in the distance. I think it works well ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.