By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict first week and LT SO4 sales in Japan, also 360 sales that week

RPG said:
But that would still only be 200k, nothing compared to what Yakuza 3 will do in Japan. 360 owners in Japan are "hardcore" but then again so are PS3 owners, you cant call 360 owners "hardcore" but not PS3 owners when the console costs twice as much.

uhm, I didn´t say anything like that. Just saying the X360 has a very big software attach rate in Japan, because it´s only owned by core gamers. And JRPGs have the biggest one.

Around the Network
RPG said:
Star Scream said:
Is Yakuza or Star Ocean IV going to be released the same week as Dynasty Warriors: MULTI RAID? That's gonna be nasty...

That is a PSP game so I cannot see it doing anything to the sales of Yakuza 3.

Lol. Have you seen Japan lately?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Indeed I do, I also lived there for 18 years of my life. ;)

Yakuza 3 comes from a very big franchise though, it will do well no matter what the competition is.

RPG said:
Indeed I do, I also lived there for 18 years of my life. ;)

Yakuza 3 comes from a very big franchise though, it will do well no matter what the competition is.

The PSP is selling any and all local multiplayer games. Monster Hunter, Phantasy Star, Tales of the World 2! It's going to be pretty big.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well,for software,maybe 120k 1st week,hardware around 25~30k?

Around the Network

167 k FW

254 k LT

27 k HW

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

for the software it will be between 10k and 1,000,000
and for hardware it will be 28k

100k sw
22k hw

Why do people expect so much from Yakuza? You guys do realize Kenzan on the very same system only sold 275k, with huge hype behind it and bundles right?

How quickly do you guys forget?

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Kenzen has nothing to do with the other flagship games, Yakuza 3 is the next flagship game. For a spin off the first week numbers were fantastic, Yakuza 3 will indeed tear SO4 several new assholes in Japan. ;)