By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict first week and LT SO4 sales in Japan, also 360 sales that week

Shockingly, I have yet to see a thread about SO4 sales so felt the need to change that. :O

With that said, what do you think will be first week and lifetime sales for SO4 in Japan? It comes from an established franchise so it should do well, I will say 150k first week and 300k lifetime sales for the game. It remains to be seen if Yakuza 3 which releases a week later has any affect on SO4 sales, people might just save their money for the latter game.

In terms of hardware sales I expect the 360 to outsell the PS3 that week for 2 reasons. One reason is that SO4 releases with bundles and secondly Yakuza 3 releases the week after so it is likely people might wait for the Yakuza 3 bundle or what not. So 20k units SO4 release week.

Around the Network

yakuza will destroy 360 SO sales..

150k for first week sales seems a bit high for 360 but who knows.. i think about 120k first week and 200k+ ltd hardware about 20k

It did get some some demo time last week in japan

250k LTD Japan. 1 million worldwide.

160k-170k first week
230k-240k LTD

Japan only?

140k FW 230 LT

14k HW + Bundles.

Around the Network

150k first week.
250k ltd

Hw 30k.

125K First Week
235K Life Time

25k Hardware

140k FW
200k LT
30k bundles

It will push up hardware sales up by a very nice margin, will be interesting to see how big the margin is.

i want to be surprised so

60k first week
190k after its all said and done
15k hardware