By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anybody els disappointed with the KillZone2 demo?

BottledSpringWater said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
RedHarvest said:

1. I've said it before and I will say it again: hype is what you make of it. It's a mind game. If you overexpect (think something like people expecting the conduit to look better than halo 3), you'll be disappointed. If you're realistic like I am, things would only disappoint when they truly suck.

That's exactly what I was waiting for.

It took soooooooooooooo long for someone to mention that "mind game."

When people expect so much from a game, they'll ignore their senses and continue to praise the game regardless of the quality. They are scared to acknowledge the truth that the game actually sucks.

This, however doesn't work the other way around.

When people don't expect much from a game, they can be blown away depending on the actual quality of the game.

*I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT KZ2 HERE*

I am waiting 'till I try out the game myself tomorrow at my cousin's house. I can't wait. That's why I've been checking out alot of impressions...

I wasn't even planning to buy this game last year, it exceeded my expectations.

Around the Network
BrainBoxLtd said:
KylieDog said:
klarklar said:
KylieDog said:
The aiming is epically slow.

No exaggerating, and it isn't stupid, controls and aiming are very important to FPS games, they can make or break a game.

What I noticed is there is a slight lag between what you do and what happens on the right stick for the KZ2 Demo. If you just tap the stick real quick you'll notice it takes a split second to actually respond, and same for if you let of stick after holding it in one direction.

Is that what you were referring too?

Although my comment can't be taken really seriously,

I have watched alot of gameplay videos on KZ2 and that's one thing that I also noticed.

It seems "slower" per say, like there's a delay on everything you do. And it seems of when you let go of the stick from moving it, there's a slight "slide" that keeps the crosshair moving.

I can't put my finger on it...

EDIT: If someone could get back to me on that one, much appreciated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

BottledSpringWater said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
RedHarvest said:

1. I've said it before and I will say it again: hype is what you make of it. It's a mind game. If you overexpect (think something like people expecting the conduit to look better than halo 3), you'll be disappointed. If you're realistic like I am, things would only disappoint when they truly suck.

That's exactly what I was waiting for.

It took soooooooooooooo long for someone to mention that "mind game."

When people expect so much from a game, they'll ignore their senses and continue to praise the game regardless of the quality. They are scared to acknowledge the truth that the game actually sucks.

This, however doesn't work the other way around.

When people don't expect much from a game, they can be blown away depending on the actual quality of the game.

*I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT KZ2 HERE*

I am waiting 'till I try out the game myself tomorrow at my cousin's house. I can't wait. That's why I've been checking out alot of impressions...

However, the problem with not hyping games is that they usually just go by unnoticed which devs don't want either. Hype is actually cheap advertising.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

KylieDog said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
KylieDog said:
klarklar said:
KylieDog said:
The aiming is epically slow. I'm not talking about the zoom either, just trying to aim left/right/up/down is a snails pace. I switch sensitivity to max and it didn't change a thing.

I might actually not get this game it is so bad.

your so exaggerating. Cuz i changed the sensitivity and it was much better. Its hard to imagine you wouldnt buy the game for something sooo stupid like that. thats just crazy

No exaggerating, and it isn't stupid, controls and aiming are very important to FPS games, they can make or break a game.

What I noticed is there is a slight lag between what you do and what happens on the right stick for the KZ2 Demo. If you just tap the stick real quick you'll notice it takes a split second to actually respond, and same for if you let of stick after holding it in one direction.

Is that what you were referring too?

Partly, like say for instance in the corner of my screen an enemy pops his head from cover and starts shooting, the second he breaks that cover is when I start to move my aim towards him, only every single time by the time the reticle reaches him he has ducked again, because the aiming just isn't anywhere near as fast as my reactions.

It ends up me having to just aiming at where his head will be next time he pops up, and waiting.

The iron sights are also very slow from when I press zoom to when I actually zoom.

The cover system is useful but not necessary. Try aiming without it. I think it's the cover that' making your aim seem unresponsive.

For the iron sights, you might want to remove the permanent zoom as well

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Standard issue fps with pretty graphics, nothing revolutionary or innovative, not even a co-op option. Foul mouthed space marine drops the F bomb to make things "gritty" jump into battle, kill enemies that are complete rip offs of the Jinroh/Red spectacles protect gear, press a button,go up an elevator, rinse and repeat. I deleted it after the first time through.

Around the Network
vic_viper said:
Standard issue fps with pretty graphics, nothing revolutionary or innovative, not even a co-op option. Foul mouthed space marine drops the F bomb to make things "gritty" jump into battle, kill enemies that are complete rip offs of the Jinroh/Red spectacles protect gear, press a button,go up an elevator, rinse and repeat. I deleted it after the first time through.

I don't expect the game to sell to over 30% of ps3 owners (if at all we can be sure you're not a troll). I guess that's one down. What game do you like? I'm guessing it's very innovative too.

@Pristine20 I like Parasite Eve 2

BottledSpringWater said:

Although my comment can't be taken really seriously,

I have watched alot of gameplay videos on KZ2 and that's one thing that I also noticed.

It seems "slower" per say, like there's a delay on everything you do. And it seems of when you let go of the stick from moving it, there's a slight "slide" that keeps the crosshair moving.

I can't put my finger on it...

EDIT: If someone could get back to me on that one, much appreciated...

Well like I said, it felt like a lag on the right stick to me. A small delay between what you did and the game actually responding. I tried flicking the stick out of curiosity and there was a very short delay before it the tap was reflected on the cursor. I thought it was very odd since I never noticed anything like this on other PS3 games I've played.

Love the Demo Just to short.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I played it over at my friends house. The game itself is good, but nothing amazing. The graphics weren't as good as people made it out to be either (all the gifs and such).

To me it's just another shooter, don't believe the hype it will make the game seem worse than it really is.