By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MP3=Good game, bad Metroid.

I just recently played through all of Metroid Prime 3 and I was underwhelmed. I feel the controls were tight and responsive, I mostly enjoyed the parts where you moved Samus's hand to access lifts/trains/ and what not. The graphics weren't all that great but it's something I don't dwell on when playing a Wii title. My huge gripe with the game was the linear style of it all. I love metroids for the huge worlds and secrets with no clear instruction but this felt like Fusion all over again. Having me spoon fed the story and path I should take really took out all the mystery and exploration of the other titles. While I still think it is a good game, I think it's a lousy metroid although I give them kudos for the screw attack. Now we just need a space jump!

What do you think of the latest Metroid series and how it stacks up against the others in the series?

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

Around the Network

I hate the save system for this game! It made me lose hours of gameplay.
I havent beaten it because of this incident.

That said, I enjoyed it and thats saying alot because I dont like First-Person view point/FPS/Sci-Fi. I know Metroid is an FPA but it still has the FPS element which is why I list FPS.

Anyways since Corruption is all those things I dislike and I still manage to enjoy it that should tell you something about its quality. Its also my first Metroid. A friend says Prime is the best so Im trying the Wii Play Control version and hopefully it convinces me.

Im not that big of a Metroid fan but its a good enough series and Corruption impressed me.

How on earth could you say that the graphics aren't that good? It's between this game and SMG for which game has the best graphics on the Wii. Also, I think that there is plenty of backtracking and exploration to be done like the other Metroid games. The only problem that I have with the game is that my hand would sometimes cramp up while playing it. It is a great game and a great addition to the Metroid series.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I kind of agree. I loved the new controls, and yanking back the grapple beam was one of the most enjoyable gaming sensations I've ever had, but it did feal a lot more linear. I also didn't dig the art derection and level design nearly as much as Prime. Prime felt like a real world while Corruption felt like a bunch of levels. Still a great game though.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I agree with amp316.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Around the Network

I also agree with amp316.

I generally believe that a sequel is too much like it's predecessors if there aren't threads like this complaining it to be too different. Then again, I never really finished a Metroid game outside the Prime series, so can't tell if you guys actually have a point. ^^

Actually didn't have a lot of metroidesque qualities found in the previous two iterations.
Even the feeling of loneliness was a bit compromised in this edition and the graphics, without a doubt awesome, had a sterile feeling to it. I found them to be too 'shiny' and overall reducing the ambiance of a deserted place.

I think they wanted to utilize the new hardware capabilities and thus ended up degrading the experience (in terms of a metroid game).

still a wonderful game but not as awe-inspiring as prime.

I really think the game would have been perfect if only they had made all the planets into one planet. Instead of Bryyo, Elysia, and the Space Pirate homeworld, make it the ruins zone, the fire zone, the sky zone, and the pirate base zone

The worlds themselves definitely felt like Metroid worlds. Elysia had those huge vistas and that feeling of loneliness among machines. Bryyo and especially the Space Pirate Homeworld were fairly intricate. The only thing that ruined them was the fact that the only way to move between them was through your space ship, which meant you could take off from any of the landing sites on one planet to land on any other landing site on any other planet, which took a lot of the exploration out, because instead of having Elevator A which goes between this part of Brinstar and this part of Norfair, Elevator A suddenly goes to anywhere in Brinstar, Norfair, Tourian, Meridia, Crateria, anywhere

That was my only real gripe with the game i had as a Metroid fan.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Linear? Didn't seem so to me. You didn't play it with the hints system on did you? I dunno if that might change how it is played as I haven't used it, but perhaps it means you backtracked less.