By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yuji Naka Wanted SEGA To Stay In The Hardware Biz.

Zones said:
SmokedHostage said:
Ronster316 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Ronster

lol thats cus PS2 had better games though

I was a fool to buy neither n go straight for the gamecube while everyone played "games" on the Ps2

Ps2 is successful for a reason.....dreamcast failed for a reason

Yup, and we all know why playstation consoles were a success......................

Sonys $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Segas lack of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It was the hype of the PS2 that killed the Dreamcast.  I still wanna see these "Toy Story 2 Graphics" the PS2 was supposed to have.

Oh, poor guy wants to see a "Toy Story 2 Graphics" in a system he doesn't have...

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to pwn you for all the idiocy you spread around here...

Sony has NEVER promised a Toy Story 2 visual graphics for PS2, yes never! That myth started from an EGM article speculating about what the PS2 could achieve, and people, until this day, think that it was Sony saying that.

Funny thing is, it was actually Microsoft saying that a - Toy Story like visuals - is possible on the original Xbox, this is what Seamus Blackley, the creator of the original Xbox, said "One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'

LINK: http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040-250632.html

Oh, and it was uncle Billy that mentioned Toy Story 2 graphics is possible on Xbox "Gates said the 3-D chips in the Xbox would be three times faster than anything on the market and offer nearly unlimited graphical visuals. "We're approaching the level of detail seen in Toy Story 2," he said, referring to the computer-generated kids film from Disney/Pixar."

LINK: http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2001/01/40970

It was an easy pwange. :)

Wheres the "4D" graphics sony promised with the ps3?

Exaclty............ pile of bull turd.

Around the Network

yuji naka is a great game designer. i love his game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Ronster316 said:
Zones said:
SmokedHostage said:
Ronster316 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Ronster

I was a fool to buy neither n go straight for the gamecube while everyone played "games" on the Ps2

Yup, and we all know why playstation consoles were a success......................

Sony's Great game library during the ps1 days

Segas lack of a game library during the Saturn days

It was the hype of the PS2 that killed the Dreamcast.  I still wanna see these "Toy Story 2 Graphics" the PS2 was supposed to have.

Oh, poor guy wants to see a "Toy Story 2 Graphics" in a system he doesn't have...

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to pwn you for all the idiocy you spread around here...

Sony has NEVER promised a Toy Story 2 visual graphics for PS2, yes never! That myth started from an EGM article speculating about what the PS2 could achieve, and people, until this day, think that it was Sony saying that.

Funny thing is, it was actually Microsoft saying that a - Toy Story like visuals - is possible on the original Xbox, this is what Seamus Blackley, the creator of the original Xbox, said "One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'

Oh, and it was uncle Billy that mentioned Toy Story 2 graphics is possible on Xbox "Gates said the 3-D chips in the Xbox would be three times faster than anything on the market and offer nearly unlimited graphical visuals. "We're approaching the level of detail seen in Toy Story 2," he said, referring to the computer-generated kids film from Disney/Pixar."

Sega would have had more disposable income if they didnt sink the remainder of their money into Shenmue...that was an idiotic business move....all in all i did enjoy Dreamcast

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Ronster316 said:
Zones said:
SmokedHostage said:
Ronster316 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Ronster

Sony's Great game library during the ps1 days

Segas lack of a game library during the Saturn days

Sega would have had more disposable income if they didnt sink the remainder of their money into Shenmue...that was an idiotic business move....all in all i did enjoy Dreamcast

Yeah, its a real shame that a genuine video games company like Sega didn't have money to burn like those talentless as*holes over at sony HQ.

Sega were as good as finished in the gaming hardware business long before Shenmue was made.

Thankyou sony.............. For NOTHING.

Baggins said:
Commando said:

With the exception of the DVD drive (which was laughable at best as a DVD movie player) The PS2 could'nt touch these specs.

PS2 didn't have internet support out of the box

PS2 could only understand 4 directions like th PS1 (maybe same case with PS3, I dunno it still has the same crap for crap controller) SAME AS AN ATARI!! Meanwhile the interface for and the Joystick on the control dealt with 16 directions on the Dreamcast.

THE VMU.

On board Artificial Intelegince module.

Hell of a lot better in archtecture to support Arcade/Coin-op ports.

Launch Library and Game Library argument is a moot point.

Dreamcast could render 3-D images waay faster than PS2. Most dreamcast games in-fact did run 60 fps. PS2 was luck to keep 30 fps consistantly.

I don't knoe of any REMOTEly even Possible way the PS2 should even be allowed to lick Dreamcast's proverbial dick.

Oh yeah PS2 had less onboard RAM than N64 and virtually no VRAM whereas Dreamcast had 8 Megs (double Gamecube and XBOXs 4M)

.... yeah arguing PS2 is even close to Dreamcast = Not allowed.

Please please please say this is a joke post.....please?

So, you would rather have us lie to you!

Dreamcast-18 years later "It's Still Thinking"

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Seriously the dreamcast wasn't even that great

I REALLY don't get people's attachment with the console

THE GAMECUBE had better games....n we all know how the "gamecube" is regarded in terms of "great games"

That the GameCube was home to 4 of the best games of all time? Metroid Prime, Sonic Adventure 2 (in Battle form),  Super Smash Bros Melee, and Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II

Lets see;

Metroid Prime-A fine first party game

Sonic Adventure 2- a Dreamcast game

Super Smash Bros Melee- can't hold a candle to Powerstone 1 or 2

Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2- another Dreamcast game

Both of these Dreamcast games would NOT have gone to the Gamecube if Sega had had the money to keep the DC alive.

The Dreamcast did not fail, Sega failed the Dreamcast.

The great tragedy was that a fine gaming system lost out to a DVD player. For the first 6 months the PS2 HW outsold it's SW, and it took almost a year for any worthwhile game to come out for it. Meanwhile the Dreamcast had over 100 games sitting on the store shelves when the PS2 launched, and over 200 by the time the PS2 had any good ones.

Dreamcast-18 years later "It's Still Thinking"

@ROnster

4D grfx PRomised?

WTH

SONY never promised 4D grfx

maybe you had ear muffs on during the SONY press conference

but SONY said...PS3 will go into the 4th Dimension which is "networking" the whole idea LBP is putting accross of user-generated content

please don't be a troll

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Leave Ronster He fails to realized that SEGA fell not because of Sony's $$$$ but because they HAD a LACK of talent during the Saturn days and that stigma carried over to the Dreamcast...Say what you want but if I remember correctly before N64 Nintendo had control of 3rd party support and they Spanked Sega during the Genesis/Snes days

Nintendo lost 3rd party support because they chose to go with the limiting cartridge based games for the N64 and the fact that Sony was going with CD's made 3rd parties turn towards them. SEGA CD and other pointless add-ons didnt help SEGA's brand and it Sunk!

You can only whore a blue hedgehog for so long and other franchises....the Dreamcast was a fine system with good-great games but them failing was their fault and no one elses.

Nintendo had NO 3rd party support during the N64 days and were able to stay alive and do well by 1st party games. If SEGA had Legendary 1st party games why the hell couldnt they stay alive Ronster? answer that to me? Sony didnt buy off 3rd parties, 3rd parties flocked to them because of how they handled and the technology of their system.

bottom line

__________________________ Sega fucked up and had to leave because of it. If first party games were as strong as you claim we probably would have seen SEGA in the hardware biz still.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

The Gamecube's game library is easily better than the Dreamcast's library if for no other reason than the fact that several of the Dreamcast's best games were ported to the Gamecube (Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, etc).

Ronster this is for you

http://www.segasucks.net/