By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario & Sonic will outsell every single-SKU game on HD platforms, sans Halo

@nordlead

well GT3 was the best selling exclusive game last-gen

so if anyone gran turismo can do such SW sales.
____

good prediction

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:
Didn't Halo 3 actually have 3 SKUs? Regular, premium, and legendary, or whatever? I know that's not what you were meaning, but still...

Look, far be it from me to claim that this game is going to outsell Halo, especially with no way to track those different SKUs.

I suppose. The Gran Turismo franchise has always had very strong sales, although I think GT5 will be the worst-selling game in the series. Around 7-8 million. Not bad at all, but the first 4 all got over 9 million. I could be wrong though.

As for M&S, I'm thinking sales will stop at around 8-9 million, so I guess you'd be right Khuutra.

puffy said:
I think it's legs will be chopped of at the end of the year when Winter Olympics arrives..

On a related note, can Winter Olympics beat the original?

i actually think the opposite will happen.  New people that buy Winter Olympics and find it fun will be very easily persuaded to buy the summer olympics.  I mean if I was a new Wii owner and bought Winter Olympics and had a shit ton of fun, come summer time i would for sure purchase the summer one.

these game are completely differetn.  its not like someone buying madden 10' and thinking wow ths is fun lets get 09'.  

I think that's a very safe assumption. Which makes me so sad :( Mario and sonic is a gaping hole on the face of the industry, and I wish it would burn in eternal damnation ;/ But that's not going to happen, the pile they call a game will continue to sell... and it will be one of the highest selling games this gen. *sigh*

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Since this generation will last into 2012, Mario and Sonic will be on its second peak in 3 1/2 years.  Halo 3 has no such hope.

rajendra82 said:

Since this generation will last into 2012, Mario and Sonic will be on its second peak in 3 1/2 years.  Halo 3 has no such hope.

See, that's interesting. I'm just not sure I can see M&S passing up the 10 or 11 million that Halo 3 will eventually reach.

ChronotriggerJM said:
I think that's a very safe assumption. Which makes me so sad :( Mario and sonic is a gaping hole on the face of the industry, and I wish it would burn in eternal damnation ;/ But that's not going to happen, the pile they call a game will continue to sell... and it will be one of the highest selling games this gen. *sigh*

have you played the game?

I haven't so I can't make an opinion on its value.  But my brother who is 24 played it at his college buddies house one weekend a day after drinking and he said him and 3 other guys played the game all day and he had a huge blast and was hoping that I would get the game.

So the game apparantly isn't an eternal damnation to the video gaming industry.  I live alone and don't have people over to play games really ever so I haven't been tempted to buy any really fun multiplayer games, but if I did Mario and Sonic at the Olympics would probably be my first or second purchase, and i'm 23.  So its not just 8 year olds being duped into having it from their dumb parents buying a shitty game.

Remember when people were laughing at Sega for expecting the game to sell 4 million between the Wii and DS version? Man, that was funny back then. Everyone seeing the initial sales reports as proof that expectation was unrealistic (myself included sadly). It is just amazing how well this game is still selling. The absolute definition of legs.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I dont know, i think you will have a problem with Gran Turismo 5. Casue didnt GT3 launch with only 10mil PS2s? And it sold 14+mil.