By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Posts Fiscal Q3 Net Loss of $641 million

Their Wii games bombed harer than the HD games so dunno what your talking about. I blame Pandemic for this. They faied to make a Dark Knight game before their license expired. Spent tons on making it, and their 2 games Mercenaries and LOTR Conquest failed critically and commercially. Remember, EA spent 800 million to acquire them and Bioware. If The Old Republic fails like peo0ple think it will, EA in in deep *hit.

Around the Network

its so funny as soon as any company looses money

everyones like

HD CONSOLES ZOMG HD CONSOLES FTL!!!!

Please tell me which HD console games EA could've made a loss on?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MANUELF said:
MySims Party and MySims Kart to the rescue

Littlest Pet Shop to the rescue.  :)

LITTLEST PET SHOP sold 2.8 million copies on the Nintendo DS, Wii and PC. In the holiday quarter, it was a top-five title on the Nintendo DS in Europe and North America, based on NPD data.

@WiiStation360

You're right, I forgot about them

darthdevidem01 said:
thats kind of a big a loss right?

Yep at its peak a couple of years ago EA gained around $500 million a year.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

daaaaamn, just when they started giving more quality titles than the last few years.

Hopefully 2009 will be a much better year since they'll be focusing more on PC and Wii than HD Consoles.

Electronic Arts Net Income FY 09:
Quarter 1: - 95.000.000$
Quarter 2: - 310.000.000$
Quarter 3: - 641.000.000$
--------------------------------------
Total: - 1.046.000.000$

darthdevidem01 said:

everyones like

Mirror's Edge off the top of my head.

FishyJoe said:
darthdevidem01 said:

everyones like

Mirror's Edge off the top of my head.

Dead Space too

Demotruk said:

Yeah, their casual games division is retarded. But the guys in EA games and EA sports have a better appreciation of what's happening in the market.

Dunno. Peter Moore is a good guy and when he speaks he seems to get the Wii however if we examine what sport games are selling on Wii we can see that many of those aren't typical EA sports games ( example : no need at all to have a official and costly licensee ).

Hudson Deca Sports, Namco We Ski, Ubisoft Shawn Snowboarding are example of third-party that had found success on the genre on Wii and they all try to follow the lesson teach by Wii Sports.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.