By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Next Generation Changes?

@ the prof

why dont you think there will be a new DS?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
Alterego-X said:
sunil247 said:
Sony (reverses roles with Microsoft) - Nintendo (Wii 2 will fail) - Microsoft (reverses roles with Sony)

&

wait for it...

wait for it....

Atari :)

Inspired by this post, I added a 3rd question:

3. Do you expect any major change in the companies approach, reception, and position?

Yes.  Too many possibilities to begin speculation yet.  How the rest of this generation plays out, the market situation, retail, digital distribution situation, etc...will help determine what those changes are.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

you mean besides the dsi?

1. Do you expect any new company to enter the "console wars"?

no

2. Do you expect any current competitor, to totally withdraw from the next generation?

maybe sony

3. Do you expect any major change in the companies approach, reception, and position?

more casual titles ?

I think Handhelds are going to get at least one extra company in on the action.

Consoles. well i think it will be just the big 3 again

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Can't wait for an Apple console lol
and byebye sony

I don't really envision too much changing. Viper is right that another entry is unlikely as you simply can't split the market that much. It's bad enough making games for two types of consoles, if they had to do a third, it would be too much work.

1. Do you expect any new company to enter the "console wars"?

- No chance.

2. Do you expect any current competitor, to totally withdraw from the next generation?

- No chance.

- No.

1. Wii2 - 120 million
2. Xbox3 - 80 million (will come 2nd thanks to launching first again)
3. PS4 - 75 million