By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Update on Big PS3 Exclusive Today

Kasz216 said:

as I thought God of War was just outright horrible storywise... it's understanding of greek mythology looks like it was created by someone who studied it by watching a box set of of "Hercules: The Legendary Journies."

"Hey what if instead of Hercules and Kevin Sorbo it was Vin Diesal... he could be a Spartan.  They're always on the history channel.  They're bad ass."

They took a melodramatic, poor story and tacked it on to greek mythology forcing their gods in rolls that didn't really fit just so their game would have some credibility.

Kinda like Too Human.

Wow, just wow...

Around the Network
Zones said:

Kasz216 said:

as I thought God of War was just outright horrible storywise... it's understanding of greek mythology looks like it was created by someone who studied it by watching a box set of of "Hercules: The Legendary Journies."

"Hey what if instead of Hercules and Kevin Sorbo it was Vin Diesal... he could be a Spartan.  They're always on the history channel.  They're bad ass."

They took a melodramatic, poor story and tacked it on to greek mythology forcing their gods in rolls that didn't really fit just so their game would have some credibility.

Kinda like Too Human.

Wow, just wow...

Sorry, but it's true.  The whole storyline is a complete joke when it comes to it's source matieral... it was just... i don't know.  Definitly not a great story.

As for renting Heavenly Sword.

Honestly i was just planning to pick it up after i run through the games i already have plus a few i'm bound to pick up before then. (Killzone, Borderlands.)

I mean, from what i remember i recall seeing it for near rental price anyway used.

Kasz216 said:
Zones said:

Kasz216 said:

Kinda like Too Human.

Wow, just wow...

Sorry, but it's true.  The whole storyline is a complete joke when it comes to it's source matieral... it was just... i don't know.  Definitly not a great story.

As for renting Heavenly Sword.

Honestly i was just planning to pick it up after i run through the games i already have plus a few i'm bound to pick up before then. (Killzone, Borderlands.)

I mean, from what i remember i recall seeing it for near rental price anyway used.

I agree with you. Although I liked the gameplay, the actual story was mediocre. I'm sure there are people that enjoyed it, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

I really liked Heavenly Sword as well, yeah it only took around 6 - 7 hours to beat, but it was a beautiful game (awesome environments and cinematics) and the battle system was a lot of fun. The Sixaxis cannon parts were awesome, same with the Bow-shooting part on the Bridge.

Sending a cannonball into hundreds of minions never got old, neither did slicing up a large contingent of them with a special move.

SONY's mailing a free copy of inFamous, 1 month early to DGC1808's home??

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

oh shit i am so pumped for this game again now, i think it is becoming my most wanted game, after killzone 2 of course but the gap between them is closing

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I really need to get Uncharted... >_

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

whatever it is, lets hype it up sony style!
lol j/k, i think its an mmo- i think sony's been focussing on those lately.

I seen Uncharted2 in GI in december. I thought it was going to be a game that we have never heard of.

could it possibly have some to do with MAG??