By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Funny Topic - Does the Xbox360 Have more than its fair share of Geeks?

After taking part in these discussions one thing jumped into my head, does the xbox 360 have an unusually large amount of nerds and fanboys following it? Please post your thoughts on what a typical xbox360 owner is like :)

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

I think you choose the wrong forum. I won't say anything against X-Box 360 users in the nintendo forum ...

No. From my experience, the geekiest are the people from the UK who made an account on an internet forum on February 20th.

:D?

(Yes, I am the person who usually greet the newcommers to VGChartz :P)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Tough call...

I'll just leave this here. 

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

I would say those who detail their home cinema setup, including the unique spec number that the manufacturer uses in their sig is a bigger geek than any of the 360 fanboys on this forum.

Also, you posted it in the wrong forum.

and to answer your question, no I don't think so. I would have to say the biggest geeks are Nintendo Fanboys.

Nintendo fanboys because they've been in the game for the longest out of the 3 console companies now and thus have had more exposure to the scene and all it's evolutions.

google images "Nintendo Kid" and you'll see I'm entirely correct. Although that kid that made a video showing off his replica Halo weapons made out of cardboard boxes that have a reload function on each weapon is certainly a challenger though.

Rpruett said:

Tough call...

Lol, where'd you get a picture of Makingmusic's girlfriend?

Kidding, kidding!

OT: No more so than any other of the consoles. I hear PS3 fanboys are the most insufferable, but I say 360 fanboys, with their constant "zomgps3doomedz" and "x anticipated exclusive is the next Haze/Lair"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Rpruett said:

Tough call...

*obscenity removed*

Jesus Christ. Her stomach has a double chin.

i keep deleting what ive written. I can't say anything.

Face is alright

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

badgenome said:
Rpruett said:

Tough call...

*obscenity removed*

Jesus Christ. Her stomach has a double chin.

... and her Megatron some strange cheeks !

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.