By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - resident evil 5 ps3 vs. 360 comparison. 360 WINS!!!

Difference between RE4 GC and RE4 PS2 is bigger.

/thread.

You guys said it wasn't important last gen, yet this gen you guys are zooming in on pics to see differences.

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Around the Network
jetrii said:
forevercloud3000 said:
WTH? What kind of OP is that? Flaimbait to the extreme.

And I know I cannot be the only one who think they look virtually identical, with only the slightest of differences.

The 360's lights are more intense.
The PS3's shadows are darker.

Neither of these is a graphical feat over the other.

The OP's name is XBOT.......enough said.

Although I have already stated that the difference isn't much, the 360 version does have higher resolution textures, improved shading, and a bit less blurring to cover those textures. I've gone through all of the comparison pictures, and although the difference is minimal in most, the textures on a few of them is vastly better on the Xbox 360. However, people won't notice unless the 2 copies are running side to side and they have an eye for these things.

No PS3 fanboy believe syou,no way a fine piece of hardware like the PS3 is being out done by a raggie half ass machine like the 360 that breaks every 5 minutes and a 90% hardware failure rate,no way in hell that happening,how ever the rest of us know better :)

xcot said:

/thread.

You guys said it wasn't important last gen, yet this gen you guys are zooming in on pics to see differences.

Yes, however, the GameCube was more powerful than the Playstation 2. A Gamecube game looking better than its PS2 counterpart is not news. 

Had an unbias person made this thread, we could have been discussing whether or not Cell/Blu-ray was worth it. However, now we have a worthless fanboy thread... 

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

jetrii said:
xcot said:

/thread.

Yes, however, the GameCube was more powerful than the Playstation 2. A Gamecube game looking better than its PS2 counterpart is not news.

Had an unbias person made this thread, we could have been discussing whether or not Cell/Blu-ray was worth it. However, now we have a worthless fanboy thread...

You do know the Term Xbot is a insult right?

and Cell does not do major graphics.

Garnett said:
jetrii said:
xcot said:

/thread.

I never claimed the Cell did major graphics. However since it's harder to develop for, developers have to neglect other areas in order to properly use it and stay on budget. A lot of comapanies (Sony included) are having trouble optimizing for the PS3 so their games eat up more memory than they should and this happens.  

Edit: And yes, the Cell does do major graphics in some titles to compensate for the weak GPU, but that is another discussion.

Good news Everyone!

Around the Network

go 360!!! kick ps3's ass!

jetrii said:
Garnett said:
jetrii said:
xcot said:

/thread.

I never claimed the Cell did major graphics. However since it's harder to develop for, developers have to neglect other areas in order to properly use it and stay on budget. A lot of comapanies (Sony included) are having trouble optimizing for the PS3 so their games eat up more memory than they should and this happens.

Edit: And yes, the Cell does do major graphics in some titles to compensate for the weak GPU, but that is another discussion.

Not you but everyone is hoping cell can somehow make the PS3 graphics magically better.

Garnett said:
jetrii said:
Garnett said:
jetrii said:
xcot said:

/thread.

Not you but everyone is hoping cell can somehow make the PS3 graphics magically better.

Well, it can, but it's far from magic. It takes a lot of effort but the Cell can be used to help RSX render. However, then you have a fairly weak CPU and a stronger GPU... Sony should have just stuck in a normal CPU, blu-ray, and used the rest of the money on more ram+stronger GPU.

Hopefully times will changem, huh?

Good news Everyone!

Garnett said:
jetrii said:

That magic works a little like this.....

The Cell architecture is versatile enough that it actually can be applied to the GPU to boost it's capabilities. This is actually a technique utilized by Killzone 2. That is just one of the many things the cell is capable of. Whether all developers utilize these sorts of funtions is up to them.

So yea, the Cell does make the PS3's graphics better then the 360's in theory.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Garnett said:
jetrii said:

That magic works a little like this.....

The Cell architecture is versatile enough that it actually can be applied to the GPU to boost it's capabilities. This is actually a technique utilized by Killzone 2. That is just one of the many things the cell is capable of. Whether all developers utilize these sorts of funtions is up to them.

So yea, the Cell does make the PS3's graphics better then the 360's in theory.

No it cant be because he said that hte game is using 100% of the SPU at some points in game,so they cant change the graphics mid game,so the SPU are being used for the CPU,All the grfx work is being done by the RSX!