By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - resident evil 5 ps3 vs. 360 comparison. 360 WINS!!!

Pristine20 said:
jetrii said:
Pristine20 said:
jetrii said:
Pristine20 said:
Garnett said:
jetrii said:
forevercloud3000 said:
WTH? What kind of OP is that? Flaimbait to the extreme.

And I know I cannot be the only one who think they look virtually identical, with only the slightest of differences.

The 360's lights are more intense.
The PS3's shadows are darker.

Neither of these is a graphical feat over the other.

The OP's name is XBOT.......enough said.

Although I have already stated that the difference isn't much, the 360 version does have higher resolution textures, improved shading, and a bit less blurring to cover those textures. I've gone through all of the comparison pictures, and although the difference is minimal in most, the textures on a few of them is vastly better on the Xbox 360. However, people won't notice unless the 2 copies are running side to side and they have an eye for these things.

No PS3 fanboy believe syou,no way a fine piece of hardware like the PS3 is being out done by a raggie half ass machine like the 360 that breaks every 5 minutes and a 90% hardware failure rate,no way in hell that happening,how ever the rest of us know better :)

You know, you have the annoying habit of putting words into the mouths of those imaginary "ps3 fanboys" you dream about and then recalling it to make baseless arguments. You agreed with squilliam about the ps3 version having a lower framerate when he basically pulled the idea out of the blue and you're running around casting judgement on people. Check your eyes buddy. Those "fanboy" goggles you have on are not only foggy but they keep spawning endless spirals of delusion as well.

Maybe you thought using a killzone 2 avatar would make you seem "fair and unbiased" LMAO. What a joke.

Was Garnett being sarcastic? I'm not familiar with his posts so I just naturally assumed he was. If he wasn't then it's a sad day for darwin.

His posts basically reads off as: x360>>>ps3 even with all it's hardware faults and purported inferiority. Then he adds that "ps3 fanboys" are basically delusional for thinking ther crap console is the superior one despite been proven wrong over and over. And then comes the funny part, he then adds "however the rest of us know better".

Track Garnett posting history, he's nitpicked any and everthing he could pick against the ps3 since I've been reading his posts on this site. After changing his avatar to kz2, he then pops a "great console" line in the ps3 20 mil thread and thinks that makes him unbiased. If you ask me, he sounds even more delusional than those imaginary "ps3 fanboys" he keeps conjuring up.

Well, the whole PS3 vs Xbox 360 is a matter of opinion. Personally, I agree with him, I think the Xbox 360 is a superior platform. It may not be more technologically advanced, but I think it is a superior platform nontheless. I just searched through his post history and he does seem to be a little out of touch with reality. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion just as long as it doesn't blind you. He definetely seems blinded.

Well I haven't played a 360 long enough to bother forming an opinion on it and probably won't ever since sony and M$ are pretty much offering the same experience this gen so I won't argue with you on your opinion. However, thanks for acknowledging that my thoughts on Garnett weren't unfounded.

I dont hate the PS3,I more or less hate the fanboys,and as the Comment of 360 being half ass machine,i said that cause i imagen thats how you guys feel (fanboys)a fine piece of hardware,awesome CPU,Awesome games awesome graphics is being out done in just graphics by a inferior machine.

Its not insulting the PS3,its like saying No way  your 97 hooptie can beat my 09 Vett,i like the PS3,I have one,i like R2,K2.

Around the Network

God damn people are lame and jerky these days, comparing this and that.

Can i ask something, are you all 10-13 years old? Seems like it. Who the F cares if the shadow on the toes looks worse on the other machine, who cares if the knob on the door has less pixels than the other. Its a multi-p game, there is not supposed to be a difference at all anyways.  Im gonna take pix of my RE5 running, i can confirm that its not that blurry, just saying. Mark these words-> "One day there will be a new world war because of fanboys".

Peace out, and grow up you jerky bast4rds.

2 reasons for 360 sales.

Cheap arcade version, wich the mom buys for the kids.

And microsoft's wallet.

Why doesn't the PS3 version have the nice soft shadows like the 360 version?

chris1_16 said:

By the way, for other multi-plat games that were said to look better on ps3, how did you react?

I bought the PS3 version of GTA4 because it looks better and runs smoother than the 360 version, even though it cost me $10 more (I'm comparing used prices at the time I bought it).  To some people with both systems, this does make a difference.  For example, now I know to try the 360 demo.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Squilliam said:
Pristine20 said:
Garnett said:
jetrii said:
forevercloud3000 said:

And I know I cannot be the only one who think they look virtually identical, with only the slightest of differences.

Although I have already stated that the difference isn't much, the 360 version does have higher resolution textures, improved shading, and a bit less blurring to cover those textures. I've gone through all of the comparison pictures, and although the difference is minimal in most, the textures on a few of them is vastly better on the Xbox 360. However, people won't notice unless the 2 copies are running side to side and they have an eye for these things.

No PS3 fanboy believe syou,no way a fine piece of hardware like the PS3 is being out done by a raggie half ass machine like the 360 that breaks every 5 minutes and a 90% hardware failure rate,no way in hell that happening,how ever the rest of us know better :)

You know, you have the annoying habit of putting words into the mouths of those imaginary "ps3 fanboys" you dream about and then recalling it to make baseless arguments. You agreed with squilliam about the ps3 version having a lower framerate when he basically pulled the idea out of the blue and you're running around casting judgement on people. Check your eyes buddy. Those "fanboy" goggles you have on are not only foggy but they keep spawning endless spirals of delusion as well.

Maybe you thought using a killzone 2 avatar would make you seem "fair and unbiased" LMAO. What a joke.

To be honest, im a little butt-hurt about the Dead Space comment I made earlier. Its probably because I like salad tossing and I never got to pull anything out of the blue like you said. I was just lazy with providing proof.

"I'm rather more surprised that there's been no talk about Dead Space PS3 regularly dropping to 20fps whereas the 360 version is pretty much locked at 30fps. I suppose on a more slowly-paced game like this, the drop isn't as noticeable as it would be in say, a racing game. But no way did this game lead on PS3."

This is the guy that can measure the framerates on consoles. So its even been measured and its not some BS seat of your pants armchair fanboy.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1232413&postcount=160

I swear that it was apparently *supposedly* lead platform on PS3?...

Around the Network

Looking at both versions of the game,There is anything remotely significant in the graphics that would justify this thread being made.

eliasg said:
Dear Pristine, i agree with you, but believe me , give your self a chance and buy an XBOX360, cause you missing a lot of great exclusives...

Well as a gamer, one of the most important things to me is library continuity. If the 360 didn't have all those hardware problems, I'd consider getting one. My friend' 360 broke in 3 months, that left a bad taste in my mouth. You may ask why. Well, it's because my old xbox is almost 4 years old and I'm thinking of picking up shenmue II. It would be a real bummer for a current gen console to die before it's predecessor especially when the product is no longer manufactured kinda like the xbox. The fact that the 360 doesn't even have BC worth writing home about only makes things worse.

As much as I may be a graphics whore, I still play old games for what they're worth. I've picked up some ps2/1 titles I missed out on during my ps3's time. PE2 is still my favorite game of all time and I play it again every now and then You can bet that I don't have a ps1 anymore. It would've been tough picking a console had I made my nex-gen choice today but when I jumped onto this gen, the ps3 was my no-brainer choice even with it's "lack of games" at the time.

Next-gen, I may pick up M$ next console along with the ps4 if they can get their hardware together and if they don't ignore BC. Games like SO4, NG2 and ToV look like stuff I'd be interested in but I'l just have to wait for now.

I could also change my mind if M$ does something spectacular or the 360 becomes even cheaper...we'll see. Xbox live won't be a factor though because I'd didn't pay for the service on my xbox and won't be paying now.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Squilliam said:
Pristine20 said:
Garnett said:
jetrii said:
forevercloud3000 said:

To be honest, im a little butt-hurt about the Dead Space comment I made earlier. Its probably because I like salad tossing and I never got to pull anything out of the blue like you said. I was just lazy with providing proof.

"I'm rather more surprised that there's been no talk about Dead Space PS3 regularly dropping to 20fps whereas the 360 version is pretty much locked at 30fps. I suppose on a more slowly-paced game like this, the drop isn't as noticeable as it would be in say, a racing game. But no way did this game lead on PS3."

This is the guy that can measure the framerates on consoles. So its even been measured and its not some BS seat of your pants armchair fanboy.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1232413&postcount=160

I'm not sure that guy can be trusted but even assuming he can, many of us (me included) won't even notice stuff like that. i don't even know how someone could set out to measure framerates especially when it not even an issue in that kind of game. At the end of the day people just buy multiplats for whatever system they like except one console's version is just disastrous like fallout 3 ps3.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Garnett said:
Pristine20 said:
jetrii said:
Pristine20 said:
jetrii said:
Pristine20 said:
Garnett said:
jetrii said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Was Garnett being sarcastic? I'm not familiar with his posts so I just naturally assumed he was. If he wasn't then it's a sad day for darwin.

His posts basically reads off as: x360>>>ps3 even with all it's hardware faults and purported inferiority. Then he adds that "ps3 fanboys" are basically delusional for thinking ther crap console is the superior one despite been proven wrong over and over. And then comes the funny part, he then adds "however the rest of us know better".

Track Garnett posting history, he's nitpicked any and everthing he could pick against the ps3 since I've been reading his posts on this site. After changing his avatar to kz2, he then pops a "great console" line in the ps3 20 mil thread and thinks that makes him unbiased. If you ask me, he sounds even more delusional than those imaginary "ps3 fanboys" he keeps conjuring up.

Well, the whole PS3 vs Xbox 360 is a matter of opinion. Personally, I agree with him, I think the Xbox 360 is a superior platform. It may not be more technologically advanced, but I think it is a superior platform nontheless. I just searched through his post history and he does seem to be a little out of touch with reality. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion just as long as it doesn't blind you. He definetely seems blinded.

Well I haven't played a 360 long enough to bother forming an opinion on it and probably won't ever since sony and M$ are pretty much offering the same experience this gen so I won't argue with you on your opinion. However, thanks for acknowledging that my thoughts on Garnett weren't unfounded.

I dont hate the PS3,I more or less hate the fanboys,and as the Comment of 360 being half ass machine,i said that cause i imagen thats how you guys feel (fanboys)a fine piece of hardware,awesome CPU,Awesome games awesome graphics is being out done in just graphics by a inferior machine.

Its not insulting the PS3,its like saying No way  your 97 hooptie can beat my 09 Vett,i like the PS3,I have one,i like R2,K2.

So you hate fanboys yet you fail to realize that with your posting history, you're right at home with them...one big family! You're the only one I've seen post that the 360 is an inferior machine. You just keep making up all this stuff that some imaginary ps3 fanboys said. Do you think the 360 fanboys have been quiet? I guess there no need to hate them because you're right at home with them i.e birds of the same feather flock toghether.

well 360 always win in graphic comparison