By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - World of Goo publisher has gone bankrupt

After being tipped off by an industry source, GameDaily BIZ has learned that Brighter Minds Media filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy on January 28.

Brighter Minds publishes a wide array of family-friendly software and most recently launched 2D Boy's critically acclaimed World of Goo, which won the 2008 Independent Games Festival award for Design Innovation and Technical Excellence and Spike TV's 2008 Video Game Award for Best Independent Game.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/world-of-goo-publisher-brighter-minds-media-goes-bankrupt/?biz=1

I guess this shows that cheap, highy acclaimed and innovative games still won't make any money. Shame really, this looked quite good. Back to making shovelware I guess!

Around the Network
Soriku said:

They only published the PC version which got pirated.

Well done Soriku :) Thread killed in 2 minutes :D

New personal (loss) record Outcast? :P

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

^^That was fast, Soriku!!! I suspect Outcast is frantically googling negative news about the Wii right now to save face.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

You guys are really pathetic. Are you complaining because I put it in the Nintendo forum or something?

Where do we begin...

First of all, you're late: (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2914)

And secondly, your trolling isn't even clever. Come on, 3rd parties not making any money is so 2007.

Around the Network
Outcast said:
You guys are really pathetic. Are you complaining because I put it in the Nintendo forum or something?

The Search option is your best friend, use it

Outcast said:
You guys are really pathetic insensitive. Are you complaining laughing because put it in the Nintendo forum or something I'm wrong?

Yes.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

BoleroOfFire said:
Outcast said:
You guys are really pathetic insensitive. Are you complaining laughing because put it in the Nintendo forum or something I'm wrong?

Yes.  

I'm not wrong about anything, that's quite clear.

@Soriku, they are a shovelware publisher.

Outcast said:

That would be a valid complaint, since this has nothing at all to do with Nintendo games or platforms.

Or is this your roundabout way of demonstrating how WiiWare development is far more successful than PC development?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Hmm guess he cant get banned for that final comment?