By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Launch day 360 units no longer under three-year warranty coverage

Strategyking92 said:
kitler53 said:
numonex said:
Stuff paying $100 + for them to fix it with no guarantees the console will last. Buy a new XBox 360 for $200 would be the much better deal and it would be covered under three year warranty the day you purchased it.

horray!  rebuying is an awesome value!!!

it's obviously not But if you still like the system, you will let it go and buy another a ps3. (somebody is going to edit the 'another' part and put 'a ps3', aren't they?)

i wasn't going to but i didn't want to disappoint you. xD

Around the Network

Just like to commend the mods for banning the trolls, good work.

Back on topic, a warranty can't last forever. Microsoft did the right thing by giving a 3 year warranty. The trolls in this thread are acting like Microsoft offered a lifetime warranty and are then withdrawing it after 3 years.

Are people just stupid? The launch consoles were sold 3 years ago, a 3 year warrnty....Duhhh it's run out.

So what?

I knew it! Fanboy! BlargBlargBlarg!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Dont tell anyone but next month MS will stop warrantying 360's purchased in February 2006.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
Dont tell anyone but next month MS will stop warrantying 360's purchased in February 2006.

Say it ain't so!!!!  I thought the 3 year warranty would never expire!!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
Hawk said:
thx1139 said:

Say it ain't so!!!!  I thought the 3 year warranty would never expire!!

If I die before I'm 100 I do hope my next of kin sue microsoft, they told me I would live forever!!! It's an outrage I tell you.

Mine launch unit had been working flawlessly until around Too Human time. Then I started getting the green tint and then the GPU kept going out completely. I would towel trick it out fairly often and the GPU would work again for awhile. With less than 4 weeks of warranty left, I finally saw a brief RRoD (though I could never recreate it). That was enough for me! 10 days later I'm back in business.

So, while others may have had many horror stories with their 360('s), mine has been quite a little darling.

Baggins said:
Just like to commend the mods for banning the trolls, good work.

2nd. Thanks a million.