By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Launch day 360 units no longer under three-year warranty coverage

green_box said:

Ok Ok,,The ps3 I launch on these markets in:

Japan on November 11, 2006 

The United States on November 17, 2006

Europe on March 23, 2007..

I have understood that the guarantee of sony is 1 to 2 years...truhc

In japan for two years do not have guarantee

In united states it she does two that it she does not have either.

In europa also two years ago.

Which is your point with this post?....

If they go out for me the YLOD were not repairing me free either my ps3..

I do not believe that it is an exclusive problem of the holders of 360, no guarantee is of for all  life..

Honda motors only gave two years to my civic..

do not be pathetic...

honda civic, ps3, nintendo wii doesn't have "it's dead" problem.

or at least not as big and only affects 2% or less than the devices.

there no need for such warranty, but people that bought the a launch and had countless exchanges, if they die again, they are screwed.

Around the Network
gebx said:
hehe, I wonder how this will affect sales (In a good way for MS!)?

I had wanted a second 360 because I got tired of having to wheel it between floors. Plus, I knew the newer 360s had HDMI and the better reliability. I have 82 games for the system and in too deep to turn my back now.

Stuff paying $100 + for them to fix it with no guarantees the console will last. Buy a new XBox 360 for $200 would be the much better deal and it would be covered under three year warranty the day you purchased it.

All good things must come to an end. Anyway for future launch day RRODs, its nothing machine washers, nylon washers, Arctic Silver, and rubbing alcohol can't fix.

I thought they were already out of warranty. There were a lot of articles and threads about how the NXE was coming out right around the end of launch unit warranties.

Around the Network
halil23 said:
gebx said:
hehe, I wonder how this will affect sales (In a good way for MS!)?

Yeah I know, it great to know M$ got a habit of cheating and milking their customers....sigh
That why M$ will never get my money.

Anyway, expecting sales to be above 150k a week though the year because of this.

Oh dear god.  It starts.

It was common knowledge the three year RROD warranty was just that - three years. There was no announcement as to a further write off because it seems (I'm making a general assumption here) that the majority of RROD 360's were launch/pre-falcon units. Now if you buy a 360 your *STILL* covered by a three year RROD warranty. Will this change with Jaspers going more main stream? I don't know, but from the few Falcon RRODs on the market they are still quoted as three year RROD warranty. What they don't cover is disc destroying machines or the E74 you'll have to pay for those.

Although the news of $120 is news to me. They've always quoted $99 for everyone I spoke to. Being the Microsoft fan/tool I am however, I rather just spend the $199 and get a new system with another three years warranty if that was the case. However, having a Elite now I have no idea what I'll do because I rather not spend more then $199 again on another 360.

It's just that simple.

Oh shit, this isn't good!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

numonex said:
Stuff paying $100 + for them to fix it with no guarantees the console will last. Buy a new XBox 360 for $200 would be the much better deal and it would be covered under three year warranty the day you purchased it.

horray!  rebuying is an awesome value!!!

kitler53 said:
numonex said:

horray!  rebuying is an awesome value!!!

it's obviously not But if you still like the system, you will let it go and buy another. (somebody is going to edit the 'another' part and put 'a ps3', aren't they?)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive