By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Opinion Piece: Videogames should return to surrealism.

coolestguyever said:
akuma587 said:
masschamber said:

so your saying you want a game that is something like that,

I'd buy it

Looks like Shadow of the Collossus to me.

OT: For sure.  This is one of the reasons I have stuck by Sony as I have always thought they have trended more towards the artiser side of gaming.  Team ICO is a great example, although the PSN has really shined too with some incredibly unique games.  The PSP has surprised me too with artsy and surreal games like Loco Roco and Patapon.

I won't sell Nintendo short either, as Mario Galaxy was pretty unique.  I can't think of any others off the top of my head the floored me in this way that I have played other than Twilight Princess.

Team ICO is terrible. They've made 2 games which both got good reviews but failed to sell 1 million. 1 million on the PS2 is less than 1% of userbase.

Eh, I think if we had EU numbers it'd be past a million.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:

Team ICO is terrible. They've made 2 games which both got good reviews but failed to sell 1 million. 1 million on the PS2 is less than 1% of userbase.

Dumb argument.  Plenty of fantastic games sell poorly and some horrible games sell well.  I'd even go so far as to say most of PS2's million-selling games are poor games.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)