By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best graphics ever?

Well that would definitely be the graphics from the PC version of the game, but I'm definitely intrigued, it looks like a quality title. I guess it just comes down to what the game ends up being. If it's a racer with some other genre inbetween races then it could risk being a jack of all, master of none type experience.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network

Dont get me wrong KILLZONE 2 fans, but Crysis is by far the best looking game ever made...

It's multiplatform... with PC being the lead development platform.

Looks very good - but won't beat KZ2 for best console graphics... mainly because the console ports won't look THAT good.

Lol.

Rage is a first-person shooter and driving video game in development by id Software. It will use the company's new id Tech 5 engine.[2] The game was announced on August 2, 2007 at QuakeCon. On the same day, a trailer for the game was released by Gametrailers.com.[3]

Information available so far indicates that the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world similar to that of movies such as Mad Max 2.[4] In an interview with GameSpot, designer Tim Willits revealed that the game is set in the near future following a comet collision with the earth.[5] Influences on the driving and racing gameplay include games such as MotorStorm and Burnout, according to another Willits interview by Shacknews.[6] Players will be able to upgrade their cars with money won from races.[6]

Reports indicate that id is developing Rage with a T-for-Teen rating in mind,[4] and that the Xbox 360, PC, and Mac versions will ship on two discs, while the PS3 version will ship on one Blu-ray Disc.[4] John Carmack has revealed that an uncompressed build of Rage is one terabyte in size.[7] For this reason, the PC and PS3 versions will have higher visual quality than the Xbox 360 version, as the Xbox 360 version must be compressed to fit on two discs, and due to royalty costs making a third disc is prohibitively expensive.

I like this game already!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Lol.

Rage is a first-person shooter and driving video game in development by id Software. It will use the company's new id Tech 5 engine.[2] The game was announced on August 2, 2007 at QuakeCon. On the same day, a trailer for the game was released by Gametrailers.com.[3]

Information available so far indicates that the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world similar to that of movies such as Mad Max 2.[4] In an interview with GameSpot, designer Tim Willits revealed that the game is set in the near future following a comet collision with the earth.[5] Influences on the driving and racing gameplay include games such as MotorStorm and Burnout, according to another Willits interview by Shacknews.[6] Players will be able to upgrade their cars with money won from races.[6]

Reports indicate that id is developing Rage with a T-for-Teen rating in mind,[4] and that the Xbox 360, PC, and Mac versions will ship on two discs, while the PS3 version will ship on one Blu-ray Disc.[4] John Carmack has revealed that an uncompressed build of Rage is one terabyte in size.[7] For this reason, the PC and PS3 versions will have higher visual quality than the Xbox 360 version, as the Xbox 360 version must be compressed to fit on two discs, and due to royalty costs making a third disc is prohibitively expensive.

*runs to the hills*

Around the Network

A terabyte? Holy Hell!

Kantor said:
Lol.

Lol, same. It's always good to have games that prove that the PS3 isn't inferior to the 360... sometimes superior too.

Khuutra said:
A terabyte? Holy Hell!

I'm going to go with PR BS here, much like how Red Faction Guerilla "maximises the PS3's memory" or some such crap.

No game is a terabyte, much less a game made by a small developer who...made Doom and Wolfenstein and haven't made a game in 11 yea- wait a minute.

Disregard this post.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Carmack is amazing.

Jak-X got a sequel? Nope... no.. some hill billy game that kinda looks the same ;)

Just kidding around guys...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.