By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Arc Rise Fantasia screens and info!!!

The character designs are similar to what you see on the anime Eureka 7. Some like it, some don't. That does not mean it will be a bad game. (FFVII is a good game even though the charaters' forearms remind me of Popeye)

I would like to see some gameplay videos to see how it can turn out. But I applaud MMV for delivering a quality RPG for Wii

Around the Network

The character design is fine. I really like it.
Also, 30 hours isn't very long for an RPG.

Gnosis said:
The character design is fine. I really like it.
Also, 30 hours isn't very long for an RPG.

30 hours has seemed to be set on as the average for JRPG's this gen, don't know how they all decided it....

Thanks for posting all that.. This game looks to be completely epic!! Are there any rumored release dates for Japan or NA yet? Even what quarter?

the_bloodwalker said:
The character designs are similar to what you see on the anime Eureka 7. Some like it, some don't. That does not mean it will be a bad game. (FFVII is a good game even though the charaters' forearms remind me of Popeye)

I would like to see some gameplay videos to see how it can turn out. But I applaud MMV for delivering a quality RPG for Wii

I will not deny that ARF could be the first true quality JRPG on the system.  However, the game could turn out for the worse also.  Look what happened to Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant.  I was looking forward to playing both of them but reviews from players and professionals alike made me go sour.  I even have the same worry for SO4 and WKC.  In fact, the only upcoming HD JRPG I have total confidence that it will be amazing is FFXIII(and Versus XIII).  Yes, Wii is not a HD console but even then my worries aren't without reason.  I am tired of getting my hopes up for a JRPG only to be disappointed when they finally come out.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
the_bloodwalker said:

I will not deny that ARF could be the first true quality JRPG on the system.  However, the game could turn out for the worse also.  Look what happened to Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant.  I was looking forward to playing both of them but reviews from players and professionals alike made me go sour.  I even have the same worry for SO4 and WKC.  In fact, the only upcoming HD JRPG I have total confidence that it will be amazing is FFXIII(and Versus XIII).  Yes, Wii is not a HD console but even then my worries aren't without reason.  I am tired of getting my hopes up for a JRPG only to be disappointed when they finally come out.

I agree. I have my fears as well. That why I say we need more gameplay videos to judge..

... and they made her "bra" bigger to cover her breasts more... LOL

Riachu said:
Looks good. Yet at the same time, I kind of feel guilty about being interested in a game that is similar to Tales without actually playing a Tales game.

You should definitely check out Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. It got kind of mediocre reviews, but if you ask around here you'll find that almost everybody loved it. Its $40 instead of $50 and is one of the only RPGs available for Wii.

damkira said:
Riachu said:
Looks good. Yet at the same time, I kind of feel guilty about being interested in a game that is similar to Tales without actually playing a Tales game.

You should definitely check out Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. It got kind of mediocre reviews, but if you ask around here you'll find that almost everybody loved it. Its $40 instead of $50 and is one of the only RPGs available for Wii.

I'll probably wait for Tales of 10 to come out.  Already have my hands full with Persona 4 and TWEWY and other games including ones that aren't JRPGs.

I like how 30 hours is called brisk when the vast majority of popular games nowadays (obviously Sports and Racing games don't apply) barely make it to 10 hours.

The character design is fine. Anyone who says other wise be damned!
I wish Yoshida would have included someone that looked like Nakiami!=)
After all Renton is the Protagonist and Moondoggie is the dude in blue.

Cant wait for this. Summon Mechs = WIN!