By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Arc Rise Fantasia screens and info!!!

Skies of Arcadia didn't had a deep story and was not original either. But as Riachu said, it was well executed and gave a fresh air that is hard to match.

TOS, while a good game and a better story overall than SoA, the execution was not as good as SoA.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
And you haven't played either...lol.

I don't need to play ToS to know that the story was very cliched.

I'll bet you'd feel differently if the game was made with UE 3.5 though.

dahuman said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:

Not true.  I loved Gears of War 2 and it wasn't because of the story.  In fact, the story could have been better.  It was coherent but the characters were one dimensional and attempts at drama fell flat.  It was also pretty shallow(even though it was deeper than Gears of War 1's story).

why all the wii rpgs have the same kind of graphics

jonager said:

Right now there is no commercial Wii graphics engine that fully utilizes the hardware, so most companies are improving the GC engines they have but they are not very efficient. And developing one takes time and money.

I bet MMV is researching on the Wii's hardware much like High Voltage did since they want to deliver high quality games for the platform

Around the Network
jonager said:

Id like to label you as a troll but youve got a bit of a point.

Most devs dont see the point in making a game pushing Wii graphics because in the end its going to be compared to an HD game and it'll obviously lose that battle.

Instead they need to go with a nice artistic style like Madworld l Fragile l Muramasa

Games like Arc Rise Fantasia, whos art style I like, isnt unique enough in graphics/art to seperate itself from RPG last gen.

@dahuman: Damn your embed, man! It starts automatically, I had to search where that damn sound was coming from! Well, it was a cool vid though...

@Soriku: Eh, designs just aren't my style. Opinion really... I'm not a fan of that pink chick. I prefer the main one (is she? purple hair). Anyway, they're not all bad, but this guy is really pissing me off:

Bah.

It's like all RPG's nowadays need to throw in at least one character I really hate... currently playin Blue Dragon - lovin it (Shu/Zola rocks), but I want to kill Jiro...

c0rd said:

@dahuman: Damn your embed, man! It starts automatically, I had to search where that damn sound was coming from! Well, it was a cool vid though...

@Soriku: Eh, designs just aren't my style. Opinion really... I'm not a fan of that pink chick. I prefer the main one (is she? purple hair). Anyway, they're not all bad, but this guy is really pissing me off:

Bah.

It's like all RPG's nowadays need to throw in at least one character I really hate... currently playin Blue Dragon - lovin it (Shu/Zola rocks), but I want to kill Jiro...

yeah sorry, i lost the old code where it doesn't start playing automatically =X i need to find that somewhere.

edit: fixed, the quality of the older player is not as good though =( new player does have better playback.

Riachu said:
dahuman said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:

Not true.  I loved Gears of War 2 and it wasn't because of the story.  In fact, the story could have been better.  It was coherent but the characters were one dimensional and attempts at drama fell flat.  It was also pretty shallow(even though it was deeper than Gears of War 1's story).

You just proved my point......... I wasn't even refering to GoW2.... I was talking about ToS being made on UE3.5.... and you loved GoW2 even though it had crap for story...

there are better looking pics out there

Improvements are caused by people who complain