By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Arc Rise Fantasia screens and info!!!

30 hours for a main quest is fine for JRPGs as long as the cutscenes are short. you can add more hours in sidequests and item collection

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:
30 hours for a main quest is fine for JRPGs as long as the cutscenes are short.
you can add more hours in sidequests and item collection

Yeah but unforunately, JRPGs are the most story driven games besides the MGS series so they spend a lot of time with cutscenes.

Soriku said:
Valkyria00 said:
The character design is fine. Anyone who says other wise be damned!
I wish Yoshida would have included someone that looked like Nakiami!=)
After all Renton is the Protagonist and Moondoggie is the dude in blue.

Cant wait for this. Summon Mechs = WIN!

The purple haired girl looks like Eureka as well, just with longer hair. The girl in orange looks like the pink haired girl's name in Eureka Seven (forget her name ATM).

I hope we get characters similar to Holland and Dominic :3

Anemone. True I didnt notice her.

The girl with the purple does not look like Eureka. Nakiami looks like Eureka.

Nakami short red hair+Eureka face and feminite attitude = My ARF most wanted character.

What I want to know is where she puts on that armor.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

30 hours of main quest usually means at least 80 hours if you do the side stuff if not more, and the combat is turn based so i guess it'll be more classic style with a little twist. looks good though, i'd pick it up for sure just because i like to beat jrpgs in general.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
the_bloodwalker said:

Yeah but unforunately, JRPGs are the most story driven games besides the MGS series so they spend a lot of time with cutscenes.

I disagree. While many known JRPGs are very story based, they do not need to use a 15 min cutscenes to tell something that in in game video last 3. Skies of Arcadia had these short cutscenes.

30 hours is the sweet spot for action-adventure and RPGs I think. Long enough to get into all the characters and stories.

8 hour Heavenly Sword not so much.

Soriku said:
the_bloodwalker said:
Riachu said:
the_bloodwalker said:

I disagree. While many known JRPGs are very story based, they do not need to use a 15 min cutscenes to tell something that in in game video last 3. Skies of Arcadia had these short cutscenes.

SoA had a meh story though.

I disagree.  I never played SoA but from what I heard, the story is akin to Chrono Trigger in that the plot concept is not original but execution is.

Soriku said:
The only original parts are the ship battles and that Vyse isn't emo and doesn't complain. The story is meh.

Yeah because Tales of Symphonia's story was so original lol.  The story in ToS relied too much on cliches.

Soriku said:
And you haven't played either...lol.

I don't need to play ToS to know that the story was very cliched.