By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have a possible reason as to why people think Mario is overrated

It's because the most likeable platforming characters come in pairs.

Banjo and Kazooie.

Sonic and Tails.

Ratchet and Clank.

Jak and Daxter.

Kirby and a helper/Gooie.

Spyro and Sparx.

Crash and Aku Aku.

I could go on but I think you get the point.  Maybe if the future Mario title was Super Mario Bros. _______ and had Luigi playable from the start, the series as a whole might not be deemed overrated as much as it is.  Just my thoughts.

Discuss? 

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Oh come on, you're like asking for FAIL posts and lolcats. Really? Really??

And if this a joke (which I hope), then well played.

Opinions are opinions are opinions.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

NYANKS said:

Crap, I've been found out.  You're quick.

Pixel Art can be fun.

The reason why there are a lot of Mario haters (Sony fanboys most of the time... well, at leats more than MS fanboys)... is because they simple are jealous of not having such a gaming icon in their brand.

And is not just an icon... it's a gaming legend, with amazing games. Super Mario Galaxy is definitely the best platformer of this gen, and the only ones that could surpass that mastepiece is Shigeru and company...

Around the Network

I know this is a joke, but only three Mario games ever have not had Luigi playable from the start, and one of them has him as an unlockable character.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
NYANKS said:

WOOT!

OT: Right. Well played indeed.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Aku Aku? The mask? I always called him Ooga Booga @_@

i think this depends on ur opinion i still think crash 1-3 from psx r the best plats games but its only my opinion

Aww, I thought up a bjillion rebuttals to your point before I realised it was a joke