By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the J mans 360 holy?

My Xbox 360 is truely blessed. I have a Zephyr Xbox 360 and I ran it for over 3 months next to my heater and nothing happened. It got hot on the side AWAY from the heater, and yet it still lives to this day with no issues.

Tease.

Around the Network

I got a Pro in August 2006 and sold it in perfect working condition August 2007, got an Elite sometime October 2007. So 16+ months!

J man I think you're in the majority, though it may feel like the minority as far as this forum goes. Heck if you announce you have a working launch console nobody would believe you ....

my xbox has basically been on for a couple of months straight cause if i'm not playin it someone else is, no rrod here!!!

Look closely at your 360. Does it have a Halo? Then, yes. It is Holy.

I'm here all night folks! Tip your waitress and try the veal!!!

d21lewis said:
Look closely at your 360. Does it have a Halo? Then, yes. It is Holy.

I'm here all night folks! Tip your waitress and try the veal!!!

Unless it's a red halo.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
My Xbox 360 is truely blessed. I have a Zephyr Xbox 360 and I ran it for over 3 months next to my heater and nothing happened. It got hot on the side AWAY from the heater, and yet it still lives to this day with no issues.

May be yours heater have completely fused the GPU to the motherboard : ) , thus no RROD!

seece said:
I got a Pro in August 2006 and sold it in perfect working condition August 2007, got an Elite sometime October 2007. So 16+ months!

J man I think you're in the majority, though it may feel like the minority as far as this forum goes. Heck if you announce you have a working launch console nobody would believe you ....

The J man got his 360 either september or october of 2006 , the 360 hadnt been out for a year when he got it and its a core version.

The J man was an avid gamer until summer of this year and kept the 360 on because he didnt have anything to save on.

The J mans 360 is truly blessed

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I never know who to believe on internet forums, so I usually just go by personal expirience, and those of people who I know. I've had one 360, and know 3 others who have the console. Every single one has RROD's, except mine, which had a different issue that wasn't under warrenty. In other words, every one broke.

I'm sure there are some out there that work, and have not broken down, but I can't recommend the console to people without giving them that disclaimer.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

jesus kung fu magic said:
kitler53 said:
mine RRoD'd straight out the the box. let me tell you...i was pissed.

Wow that sucks.

What did you do?

i opened the box, plugged it in, turned it on then immediately had to call customer support.  took ~4 weeks after my purchase before i got to play my first game.  it hasn't broken since but to be honest that's not saying much because it's been unplugged for the majority of the time i've owned it - only so many plugins to my reciever and it was the first thing to get bumped.

kitler53 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
kitler53 said:
mine RRoD'd straight out the the box. let me tell you...i was pissed.

Wow that sucks.

What did you do?

i opened the box, plugged it in, turned it on then immediately had to call customer support.  took ~4 weeks after my purchase before i got to play my first game.  it hasn't broken since but to be honest that's not saying much because it's been unplugged for the majority of the time i've owned it - only so many plugins to my reciever and it was the first thing to get bumped.

Why didn't you take it back to the store? You bought new and got refurbished?