By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which are the worst/most disappointing games you've played, and why?

weezy said:
I personally dont think FF7 looks bad

N64 couldn't do atleast 1,000,000 colors of the original PS

FF7 was awesome quit your god damn hating :)

The Nintendo 64 could display 16.8 million colors while the PSone could display 16.7 million colors.  This doesn't seem like much of a difference, but the Nintendo 64 was able to do 64 bit (duh) color depth while the PSone was only able to do 24 bit color depth.  The Nintendo 64 could also display more than twice as many colors on screen at the same time (over 32,000).  Graphically the difference between the N64 and the PSone isn't actually that much smaller than the difference between the Wii and the PS3 and 360.  

Around the Network

I'm somewhat shocked the complaint with Earthbound is it's Combat system. Seeing as the only difference between it and others is... you control first attack and can live from deadly attacks with a quick heal or quick win?

Now, if you hated the graphics style or the moderately insane story, well, that makes complete sense to me. But the combat system?

New Age Retro Hippie uses Ruler! New Age Retro Hippie can now tell the length of things!

FFVII looked bad. It looked bad for a FF game, it sounded bad for a FFgame. It wasn't that bad, but trying to argue the graphics of it? Insanity.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

It's really funny.....well not really that funny, but ironic just the same, that when I was reading the title of this thread I immediately thought of Doom3. Lo and behold, there it was as number one by the threads creator. The first 10 minutes of the game were fun. As soon as the monsters were released and everything went to hell, (pardon the pun) the tension was gone, and the game sucked for several hours, and then finally I just stopped playing it and gave it away. Consequently the guy I gave it to, threw it away a few days later. The game was terrible.

I was probably most disappointed by Megaman Battle Network for the GBA. I picked it up before work one day, not knowing anything about it, I was just expecting a slow day at work and wanted a game. I figured it was like every other Mega Man game i've ever played, not a turn-based RPG. I guess it's not a bad game, but I was really disappointed when I found out.

senatorpjt said:
I was probably most disappointed by Megaman Battle Network for the GBA. I picked it up before work one day, not knowing anything about it, I was just expecting a slow day at work and wanted a game. I figured it was like every other Mega Man game i've ever played, not a turn-based RPG. I guess it's not a bad game, but I was really disappointed when I found out.

Mega Man Battle Network isn't turn based, it's an action RPG.  You do have the option of equiping new weapons at intervals but the game itself is played out in real time on a battle field.  I always liked the game, though it's very different I admit.

Around the Network

Seriously, I would have loved FFVII... if I hadn't played lots of RPG's before playing it. By the time I played FFVII I had already played FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Star Ocean, Dragon Quests, Shining Forces, Phantasy Stars, Diablo, Lunar and many others.

Is not that FFVII is an abysmal game, is just that it pales compared to others. The things I can say I HATE about this game, were the fact that you couldn't skip the super long attack sequences and the music... GOD, if you have 3 f'n CD's why are you using MIDIs?! And super low quality MIDIs to make it worse! I would have traded all those CGI sequences for quality sound.

ItsaMii said:

Who would you chose as the protagonist girl`s, a sensitive, pure hearted, intelligent flower girl or the girl with huge tits? The girl with huge tits of course.

I had a completely different view of those characters. For me, Tifa was the sweet, shy girl and Aeris made a nuisance of herself showering Cloud with her affection.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
naznatips said:
weezy said:
I personally dont think FF7 looks bad

N64 couldn't do atleast 1,000,000 colors of the original PS

FF7 was awesome quit your god damn hating :)

The Nintendo 64 could display 16.8 million colors while the PSone could display 16.7 million colors. This doesn't seem like much of a difference, but the Nintendo 64 was able to do 64 bit (duh) color depth while the PSone was only able to do 24 bit color depth. The Nintendo 64 could also display more than twice as many colors on screen at the same time (over 32,000). Graphically the difference between the N64 and the PSone isn't actually that much smaller than the difference between the Wii and the PS3 and 360.

The Nintendo 64 didn't have 64-bit color. If it did, it would be able to display 1.8E19 colors, vastly more colors than the human eye can distinguish. The 64 came from the 64-bit coprocessor that did the graphics work.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

ckmlb said:
When someone says FF VI looks better than FF VII that's when you know he is running on nothing but nostalgia.

You gotta be blind to believe that. As far as which one is the better game I guess it depends on the person so that's debatable.

*snip*

I also wonder about some people who started hating FF series after FF VI, is it not you justifying that it sucks cause it left your console? Aren't you finding looking hard for flaws?

First, thanks non sequor, I'm still amazed by the misconceptions people have about hardware.

Second, Ck, this argument about being jealous because Square abandoned Nintendo is old and worn out.  It was the favorite line of Sony fanboys a decade ago, and it hasn't gotten any more valid since then.  Everyone who has posted about FFVII has produced valid reasons for not liking the game that have nothing to do with jealousy and everything to do with the decline of a series of great games.  Guess what: I have a PlayStation 2.  If I wanted to play FFVII and FFVIII, I would buy them and play them!  Why would I be jealous when I have the capability to play these games?

When you resort to attacking the people by saying they must be jealous, it's usually a good sign that you can't come up with a decent logical argument.

As far as graphics are concerned, there is a difference between technical graphical prowess and the aesthetic beauty of a game.  FFVII produced superior graphics to FFVI on a technical level, but on the aesthetic level, FFVII falls short.  Much of this has already been discussed with regard to poor 3D animation, extremely low-detail characters, the jarring change in detail level between FMVs and the actual in-game graphics, and most importantly IMO, the 2D pictures that the 3D characters walked around on.  The visual presentation of the game did not have the same success in reaching the audience as past FF titles, even though previous titles may have been less technically impressive.

Again, all you can say is "you gotta be blind to believe that" without actually offering an argument of your own.  Contradiction is not argument.  Look up the Monty Python sketch for a perfect illustration of this concept.  :)

The only thing dissapointing to me about ff7 was the end stage.
1 word
RUSHED.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY