By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which are the worst/most disappointing games you've played, and why?

Another one... I think people will kill me but...

Wii sports

I played wii sports in my cousin's wii for like, 2 days. At first it was cool, but after i got into a review mood i felt the controls very unresponsive, speccialy at boxing. Tenis was really awful since my force would make no difference, just swinging my wrist would do the same as throwing my arm full force. Golf was junk, sometimes i moved the remote up and he would hit the ball. Bowling and baseball were alright.
That was not so bad, but i thought i would feel myself in a real sport rather than this with all the nintendo and fanboys hype over the wii.

*hides*

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

I am fine with you not clicking with Wii sports. Honestly, I don't play it or Wii play much at all. I break out the shooting gallery on Wii play sometimes, but I was disappointed with that game.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Man, Bioshock is getting high reviews from everyone. I'm gonna finish it, but c'mon. Those recordings you find every couple of minutes. That mini game with the pipes that you have to play over and over again, the enemies that spawn behind you in a room that you already cleared, and the way enemies spot you even when you stay hidden. I've been playing the damn thing for days, and I still don't give a damn about the story/characters.

Every now and then, I think the media Illuminatee get together and choose a game that they want to be "The Next Big Thing". Bioshock has good graphics and simple game play, but I can't figure ANYONE honestly rating it a 10. It's not sucking me in like a good game (and some average games) should. I don't exactly look forward to playing it.

Flow said:
Another one... I think people will kill me but...

Wii sports

I played wii sports in my cousin's wii for like, 2 days. At first it was cool, but after i got into a review mood i felt the controls very unresponsive, speccialy at boxing. Tenis was really awful since my force would make no difference, just swinging my wrist would do the same as throwing my arm full force. Golf was junk, sometimes i moved the remote up and he would hit the ball. Bowling and baseball were alright.
That was not so bad, but i thought i would feel myself in a real sport rather than this with all the nintendo and fanboys hype over the wii.

*hides*

Hey don't worry. I'm a huge Wii fanboy and I hate Wii Sports. I'm just glad I didn't actually pay any money for it.

On topic:

Metroid Prime Hunters: I absolutely love the Metroid franchise and I have played, owned and beaten every Metroid game ever. This is not a Metroid game. It's a shallow FPS with HORRIFIC controls.

Half-Life: Everybody hypes this game like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think I'd rather slice a dozen loaves of bread than ever play it again. I bought into the hype and bought the PS2 version when it first came out, and after a few hours came to the conclusion that the game is utter crap. So then I thought "well, maybe it was just a bad port". So several years later, I played the PC version that comes on the GOTY edition of Half-Life 2 (which is a freaking amazing game, by the way). The PS2 version was not a bad port. The game is awful. Crappy graphics, awful controls, and no story, which really amazed me considering the game is supposed to be what brought story to FPSs.

Beyond Good & Evil: I still hear stuff from time to time about what an amazing gem this game is, and frankly, it's a load of crap. This wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't great. The story absolutely sucked, the game was way too short, and the gameplay was much more shallow than you'd expect from a game that was supposed to be UbiSoft's answer to Zelda.

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando: I liked the first game well enough, so I was expecting big things from this one, considering it supposedly improved on the first game in every way. Well it doesn't. IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME! They may as well have re-released the first game with a different cover and charged 50 bucks for it.

@d21lewis

I wholeheartedly agree about SaGa Frontier. That game was absolutely awful. I even had a strategy guide for it, and I still couldn't beat it, it was so bad. 

Most recently Ive been disappointed by Lost Planet. I bought it after Gears of War. I guess that answers "why".

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Around the Network

BCV battle construction vehicles!

Sucks, end of!

http://uk.media.ps2.ign.com/media/014/014005/vids_1.html 

^^
um, you win. Dang, I can't even fathom how that game got made.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Borkachev said:
I don't understand how people can say I dislike FFVII because I am jealous of it or angry that it went away from Nintendo consoles...

I don't think that's the reason. It sounds a lot more to me like you were determined to hate FFVII from the start because it wasn't FFVI. "It didn't have a fantasy setting," for instance, is not a valid criticism. "The setting they chose was dull and ineffective at conveying the story" would be a valid criticism, but still wrong in this case. FFVII had one of the most beautiful and richly imagined worlds of any videogame in history.

I liked Aeris, and she was killed by Jenova, and Sephiroth was given credit by people who didn't understand what was going on.

The fact that you say things like this also tells me that you don't understand the story nearly as well as you think you do. I just wonder if this misunderstanding added to your dislike of the game, or if your dislike made you determined not to understand the plot.

Anyway, the two greatest gaming disappointments in my life were definitely FFVIII and Black & White. I anticipated those for years, and while they were both decent, they fell so far short of my expectations it was crushing.

I bought a PSone for FFVII... I obviously wasn't expecting to dislike it. The setting was not beautiful and richly imagined (horrible grammar btw), it was dark, bland, and boring. Previous games thrived on vibrant colors, and detailed, diverse environments. All of FFVII felt the same.

As far as the plot goes, it's good to see another person completely misinterpret it. No, Sephiroth did NOT kill Aeris. He was frozen in the crater at the time of her death. For that matter, Sephiroth never left the Northern crater that entire game. Proof of this is seen in a quote by Jenova herself.

Image of Sephiroth says: This body of mine is starting to wear out. After that the image slams into you and you fight Jenova. Not to mention you fight Jenova immediately after Aeris is killed. Jenova can take on any form. Only Jenova can fly (Sephiroth is never seen flying) and the image of Sephiroth that you see is Jenova flying down to kill her. The "Sephiroth" you chase for 90% of the game is Jenova in his form. The only time the Sephiroth you see is the actual Sephiroth is in the past and at the end with the meteor. Sephiroth was nothing but Jenova's pawn. It's sad so few people even understand the plot of that game. I guess it's just more proof that people can even be fanboys of things they don't understand if it was their first experience with it.