By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A question for all religious people who believe in a 'god'

What makes your god the correct god and the gods of other beliefs false?

For example, if you believe in an abrahamic god, why would Odin, for example, not be the true god?

I guess what I'm asking is for the justification of why you believe in your god. I'm just curious is all, I don't mean this thread to be malicious in any way.

Around the Network

For me, I presuppose the one I believe in (or, assume), as it is my stance that just about any statement concerning reality would have to be a presuppostion.

Now, I MUST not got into another 5 day debate!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

are you implying that the great gamer girl of the sky dosent exist?

to clarify im being sarcastic

I think she is God revealed in another form, actually. Like pizza.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195

See, i've asked this question before, typical answers are:

"Because in my church i see miracles performed by my chosen god and never saw proof of any other god"

"Just because i do"

No, wait... I love this one:

Me: "if you were born in a muslim or atheist village, you would believe in allah or no god at all also"

They: "no, i wouldn't"

"why not?"

"jesus would show me the way"

I love to be an atheist

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

But atheists are wrong!

Okami

meh religion is so 18th century

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm pretty sure I'm G-d because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's immortal because I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now if I wasn't. To prove me wrong is to kill me, so I'll believe this forever, or until I die.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm pretty sure I'm G-d because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's immortal because I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now if I wasn't. To prove me wrong is to kill me, so I'll believe this forever, or until I die.

Whatever, I'm totally more immortal than you. I'm god!

God fight, god fight! It's like a cat fight, but with locusts!

I have to go to the pet store...they sell locusts there right?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Whatever, I'm totally more immortal than you. I'm god!

God fight, god fight! It's like a cat fight, but with locusts!

I have to go to the pet store...they sell locusts there right?

Only once every 14 years, or when I say so.