By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Halo Wars turns out to be crap, could it ruin the Halo name?

Was jut thinking... what if halo wars turns out to be really bad.. and then people would be like.. oh halo.. you mean like halo wars that crappy RTS on console?

Do you think it could scar the halo name... or even ruin. Do any damage to it? Of course only fi it turns out to be crap.

Around the Network

Damage, yes a little, but destroy it? No, never and btw, I don't think this game will be bad. Not a triple A game, not a bad one.

I don't imagine it would , I think everyone who buys the Halo RTS will recognise that it won't have a whole lot to do with the FPS.

I can't imagine Halo 4 Sales being affected by a poor performing RTS sharing the same name.

Edit : What was I thinking , yes if Halo wars flops I expect the Halo series to die and Microsoft to go into bankrupcy.

Tremble said:
Damage, yes a little, but destroy it? No, never and btw, I don't think this game will be bad. Not a triple A game, not a bad one.

This.

Did Dirge of Cerberus ruin the Final Fantasy name?

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Tremble said:

This.

Sorry to single you out in my rant, but am I the only one that is annoyed at comments that just say "this" or +1?  Would it kill people to say "I agree" or try to add something.  Is there a reason that word is so popular or everyone has to act like a statement is a D&D bonus?  It was clever years ago but it's becoming very overused, imo.  Perhaps I'm alone.

With three multi million selling 90%+ AAA FPS Halo games out there i doubt very much that an RTS could harm Halos name.

It will be judged on what it is............. an RTS.

windbane said:
haxxiy said:
Tremble said:

This.

Sorry to single you out in my rant, but am I the only one that is annoyed at comments that just say "this" or +1?  Would it kill people to say "I agree" or try to add something.  Is there a reason that word is so popular or everyone has to act like a statement is a D&D bonus?  It was clever years ago but it's becoming very overused, imo.  Perhaps I'm alone.

This.

It won't suck, it has the name HALO on it.

Ensemble Studios making crap? Heretic!
That said; it is a console RTS so I don't expect massive sales at any rate. I know for a fact that it'll outsell any other console RTS, but there are no monstrous numbers to beat, it seems.
The game will not be bad, though, trust me.