By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Halo Wars turns out to be crap, could it ruin the Halo name?

It can't be as slow as Sins of a Solar Empire.

Around the Network

Its noyt like Halo Wars is licenced to some llousy studio like Chrome Stdios or Rare. Its made by RTS renowned Ensemble studios. The people that brought Age of Empires and Age of Mythology. They know what there doing and Halo Wars looks great.

windbane said:
ShadowSoldier said:
kowenicki said:
badgenome said:
windbane said:
haxxiy said:
Tremble said:
Damage, yes a little, but destroy it? No, never and btw, I don't think this game will be bad. Not a triple A game, not a bad one.

This.

Sorry to single you out in my rant, but am I the only one that is annoyed at comments that just say "this" or +1? Would it kill people to say "I agree" or try to add something. Is there a reason that word is so popular or everyone has to act like a statement is a D&D bonus? It was clever years ago but it's becoming very overused, imo. Perhaps I'm alone.

This.

+1

Lolz

Somehow I think our civilization is regressing because of this.

that

whorenraged said:
windbane said:
ShadowSoldier said:
kowenicki said:
badgenome said:
windbane said:
haxxiy said:
Tremble said:
Damage, yes a little, but destroy it? No, never and btw, I don't think this game will be bad. Not a triple A game, not a bad one.

This.

Sorry to single you out in my rant, but am I the only one that is annoyed at comments that just say "this" or +1? Would it kill people to say "I agree" or try to add something. Is there a reason that word is so popular or everyone has to act like a statement is a D&D bonus? It was clever years ago but it's becoming very overused, imo. Perhaps I'm alone.

This.

+1

Lolz

Somehow I think our civilization is regressing because of this.

that

adding nothing, congrats.

nope not really halo is like mario even if this game blows like a lot of mario games and spin offs have it wont ruin halo's rep just like mario is still a gamimng king ddespite many bad games

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
badgenome said:
windbane said:
haxxiy said:
Tremble said:

This.

Sorry to single you out in my rant, but am I the only one that is annoyed at comments that just say "this" or +1?  Would it kill people to say "I agree" or try to add something.  Is there a reason that word is so popular or everyone has to act like a statement is a D&D bonus?  It was clever years ago but it's becoming very overused, imo.  Perhaps I'm alone.

This.

+1

This.

its not a fps so no, it wont hurt the franchise.

but the game is expected to at least score above 80%

not gonna happen ever

As a reference point, Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars is the 'best' RTS game on the Xbox. It has a metacritic of 82%. It has sold at least 500K but I suspect a bit more as the numbers have not been updated. I think that most people will agree that Halo Wars will be 'significantly' better than CC. It will be better because MS is overseeing it (instead of EA making a port), it has the 'Halo' stamp on it (and there is no way MS will allow that name to get tarnished). It is a game made for a console, not a game made for PC and then adapted to the console.

MS is likely buttering up other companies by showcasing what CAN be done RTS wise on the consoles. If Halo Wars become a run away success, just imagine MS going to Blizzard and asking them to make a game for the Xbox (it does not have to be Starcraft/Warcraft, it can be a new IP). The controls for Kanes Wrath are already good, and apparently the controls for this game are even better. Everything is pointing towards a successful game.

The Halo name will not get tarnished, in actual fact, it will expand the appeal to the Halo univerese and make people want even more. It shows great confidence in MS allowing their flagship franchise to be showcased in this manner.

This thread only exists for wishful thinking of PS3 fanboys. They wish that Halo Wars would just kill the entire billion dollar Halo franchise. Lol