By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Michael Angelo *Un-F**king Real*

I don't know how to embed videos but I feel anyone here who can appreciate talent would love to see this video, even if you are not interested at least listen to the 2:50 part, this guy is one of the worlds fastest guitarists and it really is amazing, it is real just so you know before most of you accuse it of beeing fake.

He plays like this in various videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb5QaCfm7bg

Around the Network

Finally heard about MA, eh?

I've known about him for quite awhile. Very talented, even if he's just a shred head.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Shred pffft he can still solo pretty damn well.

I'm surprised this guy isn't more widely known, he's freakin amazing.

Almost as good as X Japan :P

he isnt more widely known because shred sucks.

Saying shred sucks is like saying MA sucks, and clearly he doesn't.

Around the Network

MA is severely underrated in my opinion, he's an extremely talented guitarist but, the only thing that really amazes me is how fast he can flip his hand over and under the guitar ..it's crazy

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

ArtofAngels said:
Shred pffft he can still solo pretty damn well.

I'm surprised this guy isn't more widely known, he's freakin amazing.

Almost as good as X Japan :P

It's basically the same thing with Yngwie. I've known plenty of metal fans who don't like this type of stuff and constantly call it guitar wankery. Too many people just want their 3-4 guitar chords of *chugachugachuga* so they can just bang their head all night or mosh or whatever. These same people talk about how boring a band like Opeth is live because they toss in a slow jazzy part into every song and they just want to spend the night moshing. Dragonforce is actually one of the first breakthrough bands with a lot of "wankery" but they also have a rather simplistic writing style and rarely change tempo or much else so that every song sounds the same. People just like them because they play really fast and use video game influenced melodies. But hey, it's a nice change from all the "I want to die, my parents never loved me, my girlfriend is cheating on me, etc" bands (it's not just limited to emo).

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

If you like innovative guitarists, try Tommy Emmanuel... He is from Australia... He plays his own style but is a modification of fingerstyle play (thumb on top three strings and remaining fingers on bottom three). There are a few songs he plays that you'd swear are 2 or 3 people playing together and the pace is, well, astounding. He has a DVD out where he plays a long tune in which he plays every square inch of the guitar from percussion to the strings on the tuner... Your jaw will be on the floor when he's done...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

From a guitarist standpoint and metal head shred is the meaning of life. From a beauty standpoint I prefare melodic solos more than shreds. I prefare Vai from Satriani but most of all. I. Love. SLASH. THE greatest soloer in the f*cking world. Velvet Revolver's new album Libertad has some of Slash's best ever solos!!!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Get his instructional video, you'll be laughing your arse off. He starts everything really slowly, and ends up playing some unrelated shred by the end.

Other guitarists to check out which you may not have heard of:

Marcel Coenen - Sun Caged - He has some vids on his website. Quite a large range of styles (although I can't remember which videos he has on his site). If you can find it, he has a video of Four Guilders by Sun Caged.

Micheal Romeo - Symphony X - This guy is one of the most 'mechanical' players I have ever heard, his precision is phenomenal. Not sure if there are any vids on the net of him, but he does have a solo album.