By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Michael Angelo *Un-F**king Real*

kn said:
If you like innovative guitarists, try Tommy Emmanuel... He is from Australia... He plays his own style but is a modification of fingerstyle play (thumb on top three strings and remaining fingers on bottom three). There are a few songs he plays that you'd swear are 2 or 3 people playing together and the pace is, well, astounding. He has a DVD out where he plays a long tune in which he plays every square inch of the guitar from percussion to the strings on the tuner... Your jaw will be on the floor when he's done...

Not sure if you are referring to Initiation, but here is a link.

I saw Tommy about 3 years ago in Wollongong. Was an amazing show. And a little known fact, he was born in my home town of Muswellbrook.

Edit: The actual song (as in from the album) doesn't start till about 3:30 into that video. 

Around the Network
Katilian said:
kn said:
If you like innovative guitarists, try Tommy Emmanuel... He is from Australia... He plays his own style but is a modification of fingerstyle play (thumb on top three strings and remaining fingers on bottom three). There are a few songs he plays that you'd swear are 2 or 3 people playing together and the pace is, well, astounding. He has a DVD out where he plays a long tune in which he plays every square inch of the guitar from percussion to the strings on the tuner... Your jaw will be on the floor when he's done...

I saw Tommy about 3 years ago in Wollongong. Was an amazing show. And a little known fact, he was born in my home town of Muswellbrook.

Edit: The actual song (as in from the album) doesn't start till about 3:30 into that video.

Yes, initiation is the tune... just odd, really, but the man is talented. I will say that he plays some things that are technically not that terribly difficult but others are just downright ugly scary. Tommy is the guy that made me look at my classical guitar playing, shed a quick tear, and then promptly give up the instrument.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1tN2LuMQjMo

This is a much better recording...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
Katilian said:
kn said:

Yes, initiation is the tune... just odd, really, but the man is talented. I will say that he plays some things that are technically not that terribly difficult but others are just downright ugly scary. Tommy is the guy that made me look at my classical guitar playing, shed a quick tear, and then promptly give up the instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tN2LuMQjMo

I used to play a version of Classical Gas based around Tommy's version (though I add in the part that he leaves out). Is the only full song of his I ever learnt. Train to Dusseldorf is probably the hardest song of his I have attempted, and there is no way in the world I am ever going to nail the introduction to that.

Michael Angelo is a talented shredder... and that's all. He couldn't compose a good song even if his life depended on it. Same with Malmsteen. Maybe they have more technique than most guitarists from my favorite bands, but they lack the feeling, the deepness... it's pure speed.

For the same matter (virtuoso guitarists), I prefer Satriani. He has some cool songs in his repertoire. I love Tears in the Rain <3

But obviously, musically they don't compare the X Japan. hide was a pretty awesome guitarist... Art of Life, Silent Jealousy, Stab Me in the Back, Rose of Pain... they are all awesome both technically and musically. Would be cool to see who are the guest lead guitar players on the reunion tour... Miyavi, Guitar Wolf, Kaoru from Dir en Grey or Uruha from the GazettE would be awesome :P

fazz said:
Michael Angelo is a talented shredder... and that's all. He couldn't compose a good song even if his life depended on it. Same with Malmsteen. Maybe they have more technique than most guitarists from my favorite bands, but they lack the feeling, the deepness... it's pure speed.

For the same matter (virtuoso guitarists), I prefer Satriani. He has some cool songs in his repertoire. I love Tears in the Rain <3

But obviously, musically they don't compare the X Japan. hide was a pretty awesome guitarist... Art of Life, Silent Jealousy, Stab Me in the Back, Rose of Pain... they are all awesome both technically and musically. Would be cool to see who are the guest lead guitar players on the reunion tour... Miyavi, Guitar Wolf, Kaoru from Dir en Grey or Uruha from the GazettE would be awesome :P

I love you for what is in red, good to know someone here knows real music, and you picked the best songs as well, very impressive.

An X Japan reunion is on the cards but I don't think it has been confirmed... do you know something I don't?

Around the Network

Wtf? "Real Music?" Real music is in the eye of the beholder, and if you're that ignorant, you don't know real music, because music has different realism effects for them based on what THEY prefer. That's like me saying you don't know fathers because you've never known a real father like my daddy. God.

rendo said:
Wtf? "Real Music?" Real music is in the eye of the beholder, and if you're that ignorant, you don't know real music, because music has different realism effects for them based on what THEY prefer. That's like me saying you don't know fathers because you've never known a real father like my daddy. God.

Yeah no shit, way to go nuts over nothing.

Well, the reunion has already been confirmed by both Toshi and Yoshiki. They are working together on a single right now.

http://www.iyashi-no-concert.com/new_project_e.html
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=73874

Pata and Heath are not confirmed for the tour yet, but I don't see any reason for them to not be there :P

Brian Gibson is way more badass

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"