By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's 3 generation plan for the Xbox, will it work?

They were not even competetive last generation. Now there at least seen as Playstation's equal. Reallyy bad for Sony. Whatts really bad is that Sony lost their identity this generation. Before they were seen as the console with all kinds of games, now they are also seen as the shooter box like xbox. Playstation basically became Xbox 2

Around the Network
madskillz said:
halogamer1989 said:
madskillz said:
MS is all about dominating. Billy G$ wanted to dethrone Sony. He's doing a great job. Took him the trojan Xbox, the RROD but he's done an impressive job. Not once before it was released could anyone have foreseen the 360 would be holding off the PS3 by this much 3 years into this gen. No one could have predicted the Wii - well, the Ninny Revolution's success either.

I think they don't see Ninny as comp right now - though they wanted to win this gen, but there's next.

The success this gen will fuel a serious fight next gen.

I agree with you OP. BTW, madskillz it is not even Bill anymore. Steve Ballmer has the reins! Instead of developers x1000...XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What up, Halogamer? What do you think about Steele leading you guys (and gals)?

It was Billy's vision - his baby, right? He may be gone, but the DirectX Box - yeah, I know - was all his.

I think that Chairman Steele will be blamed as a hypocrite at first (look at youtube; they are calling him a racist against blacks just b/c he is (R) )  Nevertheless, when the day is done he will make strides to modernize and prepare our base for the NJ (Corzine is a hated money bag crook) and VA (Dems still haven't chosen candidate; we did last year) gubernatorial elections this year and the 2010 midterms.  Afterward, it is on full steam to 2012.  His chairmanship only lasts for 2 years w/o reelection, though. 

On a side rant, everyone and their grandma bitches about a lack of diversity in my party but when the current head of it is elected and is African-American then everyone says Oh well he is racist against black people b/c those Repugs don't give a damn about us.  Give me a break....  Anyway, I have canvassing and lit frops for Pat Herrity (running for Chairman of Supervisors of Fairfax Co., VA) in the morning.

TacoBoy49 said:
They were not even competetive last generation. Now there at least seen as Playstation's equal. Reallyy bad for Sony. Whatts really bad is that Sony lost their identity this generation. Before they were seen as the console with all kinds of games, now they are also seen as the shooter box like xbox. Playstation basically became Xbox 2

seen by you...perhaps, by the masses...i think not. look at the games coming and the games out, sure theres lots of shooters but when hasnt there been lots of shooters (anything pre ps2/xbox does not count, unless you wanna include side scrollers then there has always been a shit ton and a half)

TacoBoy49 said:

Actually, last gen was gaining entry into the gaming biz. Xbox was ended by the Nvidia lawsuit. But ... it paved the way for the 360. They learned this lesson last gen. They're learning their lesson this gen. Next gen, you'll have a console that will make even hardcore PS bots look and pause. Mark my words. MS is gunning for the crown.

I commend them (and Ninny) for toppling the once-mighty Sony. Not that I am happy, but competition is what gamers need. The more comp, the better for us.

madskillz said:
TacoBoy49 said:

Actually, last gen was gaining entry into the gaming biz. Xbox was ended by the Nvidia lawsuit. But ... it paved the way for the 360. They learned this lesson last gen. They're learning their lesson this gen. Next gen, you'll have a console that will make even hardcore PS bots look and pause. Mark my words. MS is gunning for the crown.

I commend them (and Ninny) for toppling the once-mighty Sony. Not that I am happy, but competition is what gamers need. The more comp, the better for us.

agreed, im looking forward to next gen to see how it ends up. as of now i see it as a 3 way toss up.

Around the Network

Seems like most people think it's plausible. Glad It's not just me :D

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

you cant dominate the industry without japan....

It's going to be a very interesting fight, when the time comes. The question is just whether or not Microsoft can beat Nintendo at its own game - or if doing that is even within the scope of its stated goals.

deathgod33 said:

Although Japan is important, it is a ghost of its former self. Japanese home console sells are borederline pathethic. Japanese developers are important, Japan itself? Not as much. Japanese developers are focusing on releasing games for the west, not just Japan. 

PS3 is only ahead by less than 2 million units in Japan. If Microsoft releases a good console, Japanese buyers may line up to buy it now that it has strong support from Japanese developers.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

deathgod33 said:

Interesting. The Wii is selling meh in Japan and blazing up the charts in the rest of the regions. I think MS isn't really worried a lot about Japan. Wii's success proves Japan is not really necessary.