By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony ever make a real change to it's lame ass controller?

I like the PS controller, it fits my hand the best out of all the controllers out right now.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

i think the control is fine.. cause Microsoft really come towards sony when they made the 360 control they removed 2 buttons and its closer to the shape just a bit thicker. But i actually prefer the 360 with the analog sticks.

But then again sony also moved towards them.. Triggers and middle button so, i reckon its fine for this gen next will need to change or do something really spesh

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000

My only real issue with Sony controllers is the stupid placement of the left analog stick. I understand why it landed there for the ps1 (since it was an 'after thought') but by the time the ps2 came out, analog controls were pretty much the norm for gaming.

hehe i agree the gamecube controller fits perfectly in the hands (aprt from the small d-pad).

I too haven't tried the 360controller.

I too agree the sony one sucks, hence why i got a n64 at the time lol. I still like that as my fav. However I guess goldeneye and perfect dark were built around that controller nicely.

Cobretti said:
hehe i agree the gamecube controller fits perfectly in the hands (aprt from the small d-pad).

I too haven't tried the 360controller.

I too agree the sony one sucks, hence why i got a n64 at the time lol. I still like that as my fav. However I guess goldeneye and perfect dark were built around that controller nicely.

the only nintendo controllers I liked was the Claw and SNES controllers... 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

The Playstation controller does everything okay and very little really well...Sony probably didn't see a lot of need to change it this gen because everyone seemed comfortable with it for the past two generations.

That said, I think Wii is going to force Sony and Microsoft to rethink their controllers next generation.

I think this thread demonstrates pretty aptly that people prefer the controller of their favorite console. This may or not include some vague reasons like "it just feel best" or "the other controllers feel clunky", but really comes down to what one is used to.

Could you please try to make a little less trolly topic next time?

I have never liked the PS controller. For the life of me, I can't understand why Sony sticks with such an archaic design. The PS controller was never a well designed controller to begin with. I could see if the design was ergonomic but it wasn't. The D-pad was and still is bad. The controller is small in size and thus uncomforatble to me and they still have the analogs in a secondary location when they are the primary directional controls. Bad all around design. If it wasn't for the bad D-pad, I'd say the 360 controller is a flawless convential controller.

Sorry to end this discussion so abruptly, but your title is obviously flame bait, as is the topic.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )