By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your best old school game ?

Tecmo Super Bowl 3 for the SNES. I still play that today over any other football game.

Around the Network

Man i loved so many so hard to say just one!

Golden Axe,Silkworm,North vs South, Kick Off,Ghosts and Goblins,Shadow Warriors,Altred Beast on the Amiga.

Ice Climber, Wild Gunman, Excite Bike, Blades of Steel, Mario, Goonies 2 on NES,

Sonic 1&2, Toe Jam and Earl, Mercs, Streetfighter 2, Alien 3, Evander Holyfields Real Deal Boxing, After Burner 2, Castlevania Bloodlines on Megadrive

Goldeneye on N64, Shenmue 1&2 on Dreamcast, Sega Rally on Saturn, So many great games through the years!

Gyruss
Pac-man
Asteroids
Pole Position
Donkey Kong
Space Invaders
Pong
Lode Runner
Spy Hunter
Blu Max
The Ultimas (I, II, III, IV especially)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2, I can beat that game a million times and never get tired of how epic the ending was.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

looking back, the 2d game I had the most fun with was Ninja gaiden SMS version, clocked it soo many times :D. on the "3d" front its Easily Doom 1, esp once I got DEU 5.2.

Around the Network

Musha

There were so many awesome games that fall into the "old school" category. I'm going to stay away from the popular titles (Zelda, Mario, Sonic, etc.) for the purpose of interest.

There were several games that were less common on the NES that stood out to me. Some of these would be Cobra Triangle, Wizards and Warriors and Karnov. I actually spent about six years when I was a kid trying to find Karnov and finally found it in 1997 at a pawn shop. These games were good but not the best.

The best old school game to me is The Guardian Legend. The game had awsome music, a great overhead exploring element (similar to Zelda), and overhead flight shooter element, and an awesome story to back it up.

I ran across the game by pure chance when I was a kid because a relative happened to have it, although they didn't even play it. I eventually bought it from them and discovered one of the truly great hidden gems of the NES era.

When it comes to the SNES there were a couple of games that stood out. I really enjoyed Breath of Fire, Uniracers and F-Zero, but I think I have to give the nod to Tetris Attack as the best from the SNES era. Fast action with one of the greatest soundtracks in gaming. To this day I still play that game and it owns as much now as it did before.

www.djtraverse.com

r4in said:
There were so many awesome games that fall into the "old school" category. I'm going to stay away from the popular titles (Zelda, Mario, Sonic, etc.) for the purpose of interest.

The best old school game to me is The Guardian Legend. The game had awsome music, a great overhead exploring element (similar to Zelda), and overhead flight shooter element, and an awesome story to back it up.

I ran across the game by pure chance when I was a kid because a relative happened to have it, although they didn't even play it. I eventually bought it from them and discovered one of the truly great hidden gems of the NES era.

Best post ever

The Guardian Legend is one of the best NES games ever.

BTW welcome to VGC

my choice...

The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Gah... if I had to choose just ONE of all of them. Contra.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Sonic3

4 ≈ One