By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Were the numbers just changed?

NicholasCage said:
DaxIthR said:
DS and Wii were overtracked after Nintendo announced their quarterly report.

What about PS3? They are very undertracked. Many other sites said that it sold 21.3 million consoles already, and 360 with 28.5 million consoles.

Sony also released their report.

EDIT: Nvm. Just read this: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2906

Found out it was shipped only. But still, it says Wii only shipped 44.96 Units, and on the main page it says 45.47 units were sold.

I'm confused o.O

Still too high then, even with 100% sellthrough (which it doesn't have worldwide, not by far) there's still half a million too many lt sales. Perhaps the real number is around 44.7 million or so (which leaves only a quarter of a million in stock worldwide, a very low number, might be higher).

We'll see what the team decides to do. It does look weird having a lot more sellthrough than total lt shipped numbers though. Something is definately up, but like the site itself says; the numbers are estimates and Brett always goes to great lengths to make them as accurate as possible. Overall, the discrepancy is within margins.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

I made a thread about this a few hours ago but for some reason it was locked and I tried contacting some mods but I got no answers. Here's what I wrote

Before  After
Wii   46.55   49.2%  Wii 45.47   48.7%
Xbox 360   28.03   29.6%  Xbox 360   27.92 29.9%
PS3   20.00   21.1%  PS3 19.90 21.3%

Thanx for that was looking 4 it

Pretty big drop for the wii over a mill damn

this should keep all those posters that said the wii was going to get 2 50% in Feb or Mar and even some in Jan quiet for awhile

Play Me

they even took down the PS3s 98 :( And i was so close to partying for 20 mil XD oh well

Hey, Wii just gained back .1%!

WILL HIT 50% FEBRUARY 3RD!!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

umm considering the wii sells over a million consoles in 2 wks Its not such a huge hit :)

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
appolose said:
Hey, Wii just gained back .1%!

WILL HIT 50% FEBRUARY 3RD!!

Of course, it only needs to move like 3.5 million consoles in one or two weeks in january. No sweat.

This is interesting.

4 ≈ One