By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which companies(any company related to gaming) do you dislike/hate?

I hate emdollarsign because its the cool thing to do. It makes TEH INTERNET liek me.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Hate, eh? First that comes to my mind is RockStar, because of what they've done to make a game need to be "mature." (Not to mention the bugs that their games are filled with.

Next would be Ubisoft. They've said that their Wii and DS games are to fund their "real games" on the PS3/360. How's about you make a real game for those, then, and not all your shovelware crap?

Third would be Square-Enix. I'm sorry, but they sold out, and their games aren't anywhere near as good before the merger; the gameplay and story was thrown out the window for "ooh, pretty!" graphics. Not to mention if I wanted to watch a movie, I'd buy a movie. I just bought a game, I want to play something! (And on that note, I should include Konami for the same crap in MGS4.)

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, Take Two, THQ, Infinity Ward, Evolution Studios, Polyphony Digital

APPLE. The itouch is not a portable gaming system, nor the iPhone...

Great job copying ACTUAL gaming industry leaders, BTW...

Bethesda - Most developers have bugs in their code, but these guys have parts of game in an ocean of defects

Around the Network

Nintendo

Electronic Arts. They release crap after crap, and get million seller after million seller...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Electronic Arts. They release crap after crap, and get million seller after million seller...

Oh, almost forgot about them... ya, them too!

I dislike and am on the verge of hating Bethesda. I own a ps3, and, ok, it's a great thing that they gave us oblivion with better graphics and more features and whatnot, but their lack of support for fallout 3 on the ps3 is inexcusable

I'm not mad about the DLC, sure, Microsoft paid for that, but I mean, the game is a lot slower in some places on the ps3, and for some reason, Bethesda doesn't feel the need to give ps3 owners the patch to allow you to continue playing after you finish the main story

I mean it didn't even launch with trophy support for pete's sake. They finally had to add it after the ps3 owners started widespread complaining.

Senlis said:
theRepublic said:
indodude said:
theRepublic said:
I hate GameStop.

Don't give your money to those bastards.

What's wrong with Gamestop? I never had problems with them.

None of the money they make buying and selling games goes to the developers who made the games.  I don't like that.  Their buy and sell prices for used games are a ripoff anyway.

I agree with overpriced used games.  I bought Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn from them a month ago and they still had it priced at 39.99.  If only I could have found it somewhere else.

As to the buying and selling of used games, no money should go to the developer.  That is like saying you sell your used chair to someone for 100$ and then you go and pay the carpenter 25$.  It would be a nice thing to do, but that is not how capitalism works.

if you are talking about not giving developers money off of the new games they sell, I don't see how they can choose not to.  They buy the games from the publishers and then mark up the price to suggested retail.

I choose to support the developers that I like.  It's fine if you don't.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)