By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you dislike the wii remote?

An odd question. That's sorta the whole point, isn't it? If I'd didn't like the Wiimote, I'd buy a Xbox, save some money and have HD graphics.

Around the Network

Nunchuk is my fav for Brawl. A is Attack and B is special. All of the d-pad is jump! Your thumb can be over a and down on the d-pad at the same time. C and Z are sheild and grab. very simple.

The best thing Nintendo did this generation is split the controller in half, that is absolutely genius. I love the freedom of range that the two part controller gives, and the controller is in every way a leap forward in controller design yet again from Nintendo. The controller seamlessly transitions from a classic NES game pad, to light gun, to advanced motion sensing device. I don't see what's to dislike about it, but for those of you who do, be prepared to be disappointed in the future. The Wii remote will set a new standard for game control, and as always the flock will follow.

Signalstar said:
I like it when its used appropriately and not shoe horned into game where they have no business at all.

this.  Also 8/10 for using "shoe horned"

I love it.. I find the split nature of it to be more relaxing and comfortable than any other game pad before it. The motion controls when done right are amazingly intuitive and make you feel that much more 'in' the game.

The defining feature for me though is definately the pointer. It gives you so much more control and so many more levels of interaction with the screen are unlocked by being able to simply point at it.

Example 1: World of Goo.. You really feel immersed in that game because of the Wii Remotes pointer, another is Lost Winds..

Example 2: If the PS3 could support the Wii Remote I guarantee that a person playing a FPS with a Wii Remote would ALWAYS beat a person playing with the PS3's loose analog sticks.