By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - THe MOMENT we have been waitng for - New FFXIII English Launch TRAILER OUT!

Looks promising but I Have some questions towards the battle system.

It seems the ATB system is back but it looks like a Mix between X's ATB and the New XII system. Can any one explain to me how this works?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Just watched the NA version. Don't worry, I didn't understand a single thing going on...might be some rebels fighting the gov't in place (kinda reminds me of FF7 quite honestly).

The graphics were amazing, and the fighting looks cool, but maaad confusing. Are all the moves done by the player or does it trigger those moves?

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

ShadowSoldier said:

It seems the ATB system is back but it looks like a Mix between X's ATB and the New XII system. Can any one explain to me how this works?

tho i'm not 100% sure, i THINK that its more of the system used in FFXII, but it does look like you'll change to each character or something...

it looked really fast paced, but i'm sure square just put in the really fast paced parts.

Graphics looks sweet...but id really like to know what on earth is going on..lol

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

OMG OMG OMG¡¡¡¡¡¡ THAT WAS EPICCCCCCCCCC¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
ShadowSoldier said:

tho i'm not 100% sure, i THINK that its more of the system used in FFXII, but it does look like you'll change to each character or something...

it looked really fast paced, but i'm sure square just put in the really fast paced parts.

Oh boy i hope its more of a X

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

SE is being so good to me. First the Crystal Bearers trailer, and now this.

Man, that´s the best battle system I´ve ever seen. It combines so perfectly real-time with the ATB system. A long time ago SE said FFXIII would have FFVII: AC-like battles and I was so eager on seeing what it would be like, but I couldn´t believe it would be possible. Now I see...!

@ ShadowSoldier

ya, i hope so too. i hated the fact that it didnt switch characters automatically in FFXII. that was one of the many things that took away from its FF-ness

That was simply amazing, and I get a FFVII-vibe with the story, which for me is a pure win. The graphics are simply astounding, and the battle system looked at the very least, interesting and engaging, and is probably much more than that.

Way to hype a game, Squeenix! Now release it on PC so I can play it, 'cause I won't be getting a PS3 in a long long time