By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What are you hoping to see in the PS3 3.0 update?

The 3.0 update should be a pretty big update and many people are claiming it will match or even surpass the Xbox 360's online playing.

It would be nice if they added the b/c to the PS2 games through the update for the other PS3 owners, or even push the developers to allow in game music (I'm really hoping they do that soon).

So anyway what are you hoping to see in the PS3's 3.0 update.

(There is no official date for this update, it could be months away)

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

The 3.0 update should be a pretty big update and many people are claiming it will match or even surpass the Xbox 360's online playing.

It would be nice if they added the b/c to the PS2 games through the update for the other PS3 owners, or even push the developers to allow in game music (I'm really hoping they do that soon).

better online play sounds good!

What are the rumors saying?

I'd like to be able to have a video playlist for one, and maybe wider codec support?

Perhaps the ability to read *.txt files from the HDD or PDF's, and the ability to browse using the ingame XMB would also be cool

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I dont understand this backward compatibility deal. I have a 80GB PS3 with backward compatibility and these firmware updates only seem to enhance it.

well, off the top of my head, I want:

- XMB to take less ram.
- XMB to load faster when u press the ps button, no more annoying refresh icons (same thing with the trophy cards)
- Custom soundtrack thru the XMB (I guess this can't really happen because MS has a patent on it ??)
- Possibly refine the XMB a little bit.
- Integrate PSN into everything, being able to jump right into a buddy's game without those clunky PSN messages.
- Be able to keep a theme for more than 2 weeks without it restarting to the original XMB theme. 

- Software emulation for non BC PS3's.

I'll add more when it comes to me.

the 80gig sku doesn't have bc does it!???!?!?!?!?

Around the Network

Better playlist system for music and video!

- bc
- custom music
- better browser
- faster Internet
- screen savers
- better chat service
- screen within a screen so you can have play a game and wAtch a movie or surf the net.

1) .MKV support

2) See the time when I press the PS button during DVD and BR playback....

4 ≈ One

Spankey said:
Gilgamesh said:

better online play sounds good!

What are the rumors saying?

I'd like to be able to have a video playlist for one, and maybe wider codec support?

Perhaps the ability to read *.txt files from the HDD or PDF's, and the ability to browse using the ingame XMB would also be cool

The rumors are that all the Xbox 360 online features is suppose to be implemented in the PS3's 3.0 update. (RUMOR ALERT)

Edit: Also that there will be a seperate update for Home that's suppose to add alot of new features. (AGAIN RUMOR ALERT)

-backwards C
-Improved XMB loading
-Just any little imrpovements to XMB
-A way to msg friends without opening the XMB